Millie is at the hospital right now, having a dental procedure. When she was returned to the rescue-group, it was learned that she had not been to the doctor for any reason in almost ten years, so she went for a check-up. She is in good shape, except for her mouth which, though not looking too bad, needed help, particularly the gums and teeth. We don’t know if she will require any extractions, but I don’t think there will be many if she does.
The worst part of the preparation was, of course, refusing her food last night and in the morning. Millie likes her soft-food now - after a decade of not being given any - and keeps some of it in her bowl to finish over night. There was none for her last night, nor this morning. She hurried to greet me (ie. her breakfast) when I opened the cat-room door this morning, but I could give her nothing. She searched the spot where the food is normally placed, but found only water. She couldn’t understand it.
Mills will be back with me later today, and will be able to rest in comfort, and at last have some food to fill that little, but empty, tummy.

Poor girl, that sudden enforced diet must have been confusing. I hope all went well at the vet hospital.
ReplyDeleteI have been known to tear up with that when I have had to do it.
ReplyDeleteI do hope she did not need any extractions. And she will be in a mood to eat a good supper.
ReplyDeletePoor little mite. I remember how hard it was to fast my angels, trying to distract them with other things.
ReplyDeleteI hope Millie is home soon and recovers quickly. ❤️
I hope everything goes well. Denying food is the worst part of preparing for a vet visit.
ReplyDeletePoor Millie. Hopefully all went well with her dental procedure. I just can't understand how her previous owners could let her go for 10 years without any medical care.
ReplyDeletePurring for Millie.
ReplyDeleteI hope all is good with that sweetie.
ReplyDeleteI hope all went well.
ReplyDeleteFasting them is the hardest part. I hope all has gone well and she's home.
ReplyDeleteMillie must have thought, what on earth?? Or worse thoughts, LOL!
ReplyDeleteHope it all went well, and that she recovers quickly.