The Good: Millie’s adoption will be finalised Monday or Tuesday. I am told things are going very well. I would have been surprised had they not, though I didn’t want to hope too much; that’s a good way to jinx things.
The Bad: With Mills gone, the cat-room is open to all comers. I have also re-arranged the furniture to make it easier to watch movies. However, with Millie no longer with us - and Indigo, too - the dynamics have changed in the Cosy Cabin and the perma-cats have largely forsaken the bedroom for the cat-room, where there is confusion and disagreement over who gets to lie where. It will be sorted out eventually, but it doesn’t make for peaceful evenings, especially when the Tempos are let loose. You would think that having one less would decrease the pandemonium; I believe Vivace may have been a restraining influence on her brothers...
The Ugly: Rhapsody is in heat. We’d hoped to have her spayed by now but she needed to be rid of the fluid in her abdomen first. Judging by her appetite, her stools and her activity, she is better; she will be going to the doctor on Wednesday to make sure. Until then, I will have a discontented female and bemused males to enliven the day and night…
Why couldn’t I be living A Fistful of Dollars instead?

Sweet Rho, so is she caterwauling yet? Rubbing against your legs and looking lovingly at every thing alive? I'd think 4 kittens still at home would not decrease any cat activity. Good news about Millie.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, it's always fun and games at The Cosy Cabin. (As long as no one loses an eye....)
ReplyDeleteThat's great news about Millie. I wish her much happiness in her new home. As for Rho... Things are never dull at the Cosy Cabin.
ReplyDeleteSorry...but smiling. I went thru that with the Admiral for a few weeks after I got her.
ReplyDeleteguyz…de good…yay millie N rho….😸 de bad….dad iz knot ree portin frum a cozee castle….🙀 de uglee….see in bass terd chkc in yur food bowlz 😾
ReplyDeleteYou are going to have a noisy weekend with her in heat.
ReplyDeleteOh, my. Hopefully, you can get Rho spayed soon and the other cats will adjust to the new state of affairs. And that is lovely news about Millie!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you need to wear that distinctive Clint Eastwood poncho to keep everyone in line, John!
ReplyDeleteThe only constant is change. I am sad Rhapsody is already in heat and hope she can be spayed soon.
ReplyDeleteYour comment about living, A Fistful of Dollars reminds me of an internet meme where someone said something to the effect of, "I wish the world would test me next by trying to see how I handle being fabulously wealthy).