Saturday, August 15, 2026

The New Kitten

Coda is doing well. Upon being released from the carrier into the cat-room, he immediately sought a spot in which to hide. He at first chose the hooded litter-box, but I couldn’t have that. Then he tried the windows, but they offered no escape. He eventually settled on the narrow spaces behind the bookcases. He periodically switches from one to the other.


But he comes out. He spent some of the night meowing at the closed door of the cat-room and reaching underneath it. When I came in this morning, he was out. He didn’t panic upon seeing me, but neither did he want to be seen, so he quickly hid again. Later, I caught him on top of one of the bookcases.


More importantly, he has eaten and used the litter-box, the latter for both types of waste. He isn’t eating as much as a kitten should, but I think the prime time for his meals for the next little while will be the dark hours. He will feel safer at night, so I will give him a larger supply of soft-food to consume then. He also has a bowl of hard-food, in which he has not shown interest.


So far, though, he is acting as most shy cats would in a new and frightening environment. I don’t think he’s feral at all, and will come around soon. But there is no hurry, and he will set the pace.


11 comments:

  1. Aww, sweet little one. I hope all goes well with him. If only he understood that he's won the kitty lottery, ending up at the Cosy Cabin. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless his precious tiny heart. Come here Coda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coda, you don't know it yet, but you've landed in a pot of jam!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Coda sounds like such a sweetheart. I'm sure he will get over his shyness in no time once he learns how wonderful it is to live in the Cosy Cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's going to come around, you have the patience and ability to bring cats into their best behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see that he's home from his operation and he's making a home inside the cat room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He seems so young, and has probably had a lot of scary changes in his life. I hope he'll relax soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it will take a while dood N ewe will feel rite at home....in yur own time....manee thanx two unkle john for bringin ewe ...home....♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete