Monday, May 11, 2015

Cammie on the Weekend

Cammie’s condition remains about the same as it was on Saturday, so I may be taking her back to the veterinary. The pustules on her head have diminished but have not vanished, and they appear to be bleeding from time to time. The ointment I was given to apply to them, the medicine called Surolan, may be helping, but not enough. The doctor suggested that topical ointment may not work. There is the option of oral medicine.

The Siamese princess’s behaviour is not being affected as much as I would have thought, in these conditions. She continues to be under the weather, but she also plays, as may be seen from these photographs. She still enjoys being on my lap as much as ever, and, when I lie down, relaxing on my chest.




And I should mention that though her health is suffering somewhat right now, she is making gains in another field. This is Cammie and Tucker, sitting on adjacent cat-trees, both looking out the bedroom window. Cammie still hisses at cats who pass by her. Every close call is an attack averted, in her eyes. Yet she permits the roly poly one to sit near her, albeit on a different stand, and what is more surprising, Tucker does not feel too afraid to accept her offer. I may yet live to see the day when the princess accepts Josie’s proximity. Or maybe not.


I will keep readers apprised of Cammie’s situation.

15 comments:

  1. Paws crossed for Cammie. It's a positive that she's eating, drinking and playing, so seems otherwise fine. Purrs to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we hope that Cammie heals up soon and sure glad to hear that she is still playing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cammie...we R sorree ya haz knot felt sew good late lee....we send blessings frum R pal st francis who haz blessings ta spare & iz willing ta share......pleez tell yur dad ta ask de vet about de poss a bill a tee oh usin 100% pure organic coconut oil on yur sores......itz compleet lee safe

    pleez ask dad ta reed thiz linx if him getz a chance....

    http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Nutiva-Organic-Coconut-Oil-Dog-Cat-Supplement/255005.aspx

    ♥♥♥

    he does knot knead to buy frum them, it's just a linx ta share info ~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut oil! I've heard of that being used on cat skin problems. I'm going to ask the veterinary about it, and will probably pick up some anyway. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Cam is, please get better soon. We hope your ailments are healed quickly. From Eileen and Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cammie. We hope Cammie feels better soon. The awful auto-correct cut up her name in our previous post. From Jessica and Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts.

      And I wish auto-correction would go out of business. I'd rather have honestly misspelled words than a computer's interpretations.

      Delete
  6. We're purring for Cammie and hope her sores heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're relieved to know dear Cammie is handling her condition as well as she is.
    I would ask the vet about putting anything at all on Cammie's lesions as they tend to become infected.
    Has your vet ruled out something herpetic in origin?
    Good luck at the vets. Kisses for Cammie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, so much has gone on since I last had time to visit. Congratulations on Cammie becoming a permacat! Love your posts on Tungsten, they remind me of how I feel about my Oskar the Samoyed :) I truly hope your vet gets Cammie's condition sorted out soon.
    Marty's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purrs for quick healing, and may a new kitty harmony rein in the kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to suggest Coconut oil too!! It is amazing stuff! Sending purrs for Cammie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully the coconut oil will help or the vet will come up with something that heals these sores Glad she's welling enough to play and to hang out with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coconut Oil works wonders.

    Thank you for your kind words about Cubby. We really miss him a lot.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete