Friday, February 3, 2017

Determination

Something I have noticed about my new foster-cat, Parker, is that he has a prominent chin. This prominence is, of course, relative, since cats don’t have much in the way of chins in the first place. They have enough for chin-rubs, and that’s about all.

But, though it is not really noticeable in photographs, Parker’s chin does protrude a little bit. It may be that his lower jaw is a fraction of an inch longer than many cats’. It may be that that corner of his face is particularly boney.


I like to think that it is a sign of a determined nature, a certain pugnacity that my guest-cat has in his character. I don’t know anything of his life before he was rescued, so I can’t write for certain that he needed such fortitude. But it may be that it is there in case it’s required.

In the meantime, Parker will simply share with certain other personalities that trait which gives a manly strength to an already masculine profile.

16 comments:

  1. Parker is a very handsome cat. He seems to really be working out with your crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker's profile is, indeed, very manly (catmanly). I don't think he'll need a lot of determination to have an abundance of love, care, food, treats and whatever type of play his heart desires. I know he already has that! As for determination to find his place in the hierarchy, that's another matter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dood !!!!!

    yur cover iz blown.... de houz hold noez now that yur ther ta investigate......

    wait.....a......minit....

    uh.....catfather ~~~~~~~


    ☺☺☺

    heerz two a golden shiner kinda week oh end guyz ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I hadn't thought as what purpose may have sent Parker here...

      Delete
  4. Chin or no, he looks very handsum. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...I do see the resemblance between Parker and Dick Tracy. I don't know if a protruding jaw is any indication of a determined nature, but Parker is a handsome boy in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he has a touch of the Maine Coon in him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parker's chin does add a bit of character to his profile.
    Handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think he is quiet handsome for Ginger Kitty =^x^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no denying that Parker is one handsome fellow. He's a looker, for sure.
    John, you really have a good eye for observation and assessment . If you get a chance, give acromegaly in cats a quick read. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was interesting about acromegaly. From the symptoms - and not just the protruding chin - it does seem as if Parker has a form of it.

      Delete
  10. He's a handsome boy. While I know he's happy with you, I hope he finds his forever home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parker is such a handsome boy! He does remind us of Ping so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Dick Tracy comparison. I agree with you. Let's go eat banana bread!

    ReplyDelete