Thursday, March 9, 2017

So Far, So Good

Renn and Cammie visited their doctor yesterday afternoon. They didn’t like it, but things went well.

The results of the blood and urine tests will not be known until tomorrow, or Monday, at the latest. The technicians were able to draw enough of each fluid from each cat for the tests, which was a relief. In terms of what could be seen and heard in the examination room, the only problems the cats have are minor inflammations of the gums due to gingivitis. The doctor was not overly concerned about this, as the cases are not severe, and I will schedule dental procedures for both cats in the spring.


The beasts were removed in turn from the examination room to the back of the hospital where the fluids were taken. Cammie was gone so long, I was beginning to fear they had lost her. But then I heard her sharp and angry “Reh’!” (note the glottal stop; it’s the best written imitation I can make of her displeasure) repeated as she was carried back to the exam room. She evidently debated physically with the staff regarding the loss of her blood though, true to her character, she didn’t try to hurt anyone. Renn, on the other hand, shook with fright, the poor fellow, and was no trouble at all.


The findings of the immediate examination were not worrisome - the cats’ dental conditions notwithstanding - and will be dealt with relatively soon. I will publish the results of the detailed tests when they become available. I don’t expect any bad news to come of them, but then, the point of this adventure was to forestall such bad news, and, if Cammie and Renn are facing difficulties, we will catch them early.

14 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that their results are fine. Better to be proactive, at least to a point.

    I'm sure both were VERY happy to be home safe and sound after their ordeals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. leave it to the siamese princess to protest the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD! That's a relief. Smoochies to the Beasts! I hate it when they take my girl away from me because I know she will be going though some thing that hurts. It's what makes her afraid of them. She screams her heart out though when they draw blood. I wish they would not scruff her so hard even to clip her nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you two got through the visit. Purrs of support to you both and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to hear that everything went well with Renn and Cammie's exams, (having blood drawn notwithstanding!!) I'm not sure who I feel sorrier for - Cammie who put up a fuss, or Renn who was so frightened. But I'm sure by now they have fully recovered from their ordeal. Please keep us posted regarding their blood test results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hear from the doctor today (Friday) so I will be calling about the test results on Monday.

      Delete
  6. I am glad things went well. I hope their test results are good. I always wonder why they can't take the blood in front of us, years ago I can remember them doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure they are glad that is over and I hope for good results. Flynn has always been very vocal, and now he is older his protests are more of a howl. He freezes when he is taken out of the carrier though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear things went well at the vet for Cammie and Renn. I hope the Lloyd tests show no need for worry. Going to the vet can be so stressful for cats and humans. I hope you allowed yourself a nice cup of tea upon your return. And the beasties had a treat or two as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear things went well at the vet for Cammie and Renn. I hope the Lloyd tests show no need for worry. Going to the vet can be so stressful for cats and humans. I hope you allowed yourself a nice cup of tea upon your return. And the beasties had a treat or two as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice cup of tea for me, and dinner for the beasts; everyone ate well, too, which surprised me a bit.

      Delete
  10. As you say, so far do good. We'll be waiting for the lab reports to begin our celebration! My cats will be having Temptations and I'll make tea in my lovely pot.
    Even though our cats scream their heads off, it's all over for them as soon as they get home. For us cat parents it won't end until all results are in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No results by the end of Friday, which is a little surprising. I'll be calling the hospital by noon on Monday if I don't hear from them before then.

      Delete
  11. Well done Cammie and Renn. Glad to hear all went well, no human blood was spilled, and hope the results are all good.

    ReplyDelete