Tuesday, January 31, 2023

His Various Paths

Neville is doing poorly. I wrote in a  previous entry that his doctor prescribed for him an anti-biotic to see if his exceptionally high blood-sugar numbers, and the lack of insulin’s effect insulin on them, were caused by an infection. The anti-biotic has prompted Nev to throw up his food. Initially, it was just the hard-food he ate; he would regurgitate that almost immediately, but he continued to eat - and retain - his soft food. That has now changed, and he isn’t keeping anything down, and doesn’t want to eat.


I stopped giving him the medicine on Saturday, but the effects are still with him. I resorted to Cerenia yesterday afternoon, and that appeared to help, as he ate a small but decent amount of soft food last evening. This morning, he threw up the hard-food he ate, and refused any other, not unnaturally. If he still refuses food this evening, I will give him another injection of Cerenia.


The next stage of my plan for Neville depends of course on curing this latest and most pressing problem. If I can do that, I will run a curve on him this weekend. If it turns out satisfactory, another will be run the following weekend, and then a new electronic sensor will be put on him for a detailed examination of his numbers. As one can see, the Nevsky’s future can go in a number of directions. His road is still uncertain.


15 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Nev. He looks so beleaguered in that photo. I'm sending encouraging prayers his way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Neville, please feel like eating and keeping it down. You must feel poorly with no food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neville, we love you. We suffer when you do. Please...eat if you can. We are all worried very much about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Neville. I'm keeping him in my prayers for the best outcome for his Highest Good. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Nev! Hopefully the Cerenia will calm his tummy and he will soon feel like eating. Get well quickly, Nev!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neville I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I hope that once you start eating again and not regurgitating then things will even out. WE will purr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope woo feel better soon kit-cat,

    Nuk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Nev. I hope the Cerenia will help him and he starts eating again. He does look sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor sweet Neville, please tell him we love him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We send purrayers and Power of the Paw to Nev - and to you and all his caretakers.We hope something helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That poor sweet guy, we hope he is doing much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darnit!
    Purring for Neville's appetite to restore itself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, poor Neville. We are purring and praying and sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Com'on Neville..Onwards and Upwards...! Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Purrs for Neville. I hope he's feeling better soon. I worry about him.

    ReplyDelete