Friday, June 2, 2023

Off On Holidays

At the end of my work today, I begin my holidays.


Readers will know that I look forward to these three weeks each year. I can relax and nap, read and listen to music; I will have time at my disposal. Though I have a number of bigger chores to accomplish, I will be completing them according to my own schedule, and working for myself, as it were.


This year, during my time in Idylland, I may visit the beautiful seaside district of Wellstrand, alternately storm-tossed and sun-bathed. I will of course be taking the cats. Consulting my records, I see that the only cats I have now that I had last year at this time are Renn and Neville, my oldsters. Hector was with me then, as was my very-oldster, sweet Minuet. This year, Percival, Imogen and Dabney are new, and I have left instructions to be notified by telegram as soon as Astrid has her kittens.


I will be writing on my blog during my holidays, of course, whenever I think that anything catching my fancy should be shared. For now, though, I’d better see if the cats have packed their bags yet…


15 comments:

  1. Holiday! Just as long as someone sends you a telegram to the far off island about Astrid when the time comes. Hope you have "smoke signal" available to send us the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have great time John.....
    And ALL the furry ones you take with you...
    Bless! :O).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and the kitties have a wonderful holiday, John, and I look forward to hearing about Astrid's kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your holidays John! I'm sure that the cats will appreciate having you there, for extra lap time and demand response. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely holiday! I hope you don't get this multiple times. I keep getting the message that an error occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have the best best vacation time ever! It is such a joy to rise when the cats tell you to, and lie back down when you have done serving them. To just walk through the Cozy Apartment smiling, knowing nothing is pressing you that you must do...other than serve the other residents of course. I would say their bags are packed and they have their literary planned...all of you have a leisurely good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful vacation, John! We bet you and the cats will enjoy your extra time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Imagining a June at the seaside--especially with a lighthouse nearby--sounds lovely. Have a great vacation! (As an aside, I'm also struck by how much your cat household has changed over the past year...)

    ReplyDelete