Saturday, July 22, 2023

Counting Chickens

I thought readers might like to know how Percival and Dabney are doing in their respective prospective homes so far.

Percy has met his new feline roommate and while the latter isn’t too keen on the newcomer, they are living without strife. There were a few whaps at first but nothing untoward later. Perce’s new humans think he’s a “dream”.

Dabney has, if anything, settled in more quickly at his new digs than Percy has at his. He has quickly taken to the people there, and likes to lie on one’s feet when she is at her desk. His feline roommate was quite vociferous in her opposition to any new residents at first, but her obstreperousness has lessened, though there is still a long way to go before it reaches acceptance. Nonetheless, Dabs is doing well.

I am relieved at the good news from these two sources. Though I did not expect great difficulties, there are often unforeseen problems, and I never count chickens until they are at least at the cute, fuzzy and yellow stage. I’d say that Percy and Dabney are hatching quite well right now.

12 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear a good report from both of those sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad to hear Percy and Dabney are doing well in their new homes. Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful news for both of them. I'm sure they'll both win over their fursibs in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I am glad that those two boys have had the great fortune to find such good loving homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very good news that they are both settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Bless! I don't bother counting chickens,
    when l do, they start running about...by then
    l've lost the plot...! :(

    Sounds as if the two boys are getting their
    paws under the table...in their loving and
    forever homes...! :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish both those boys continued success in their new homes. We certainly don't want them to have any kind of failure getting to know their new furry roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a terrific update, I'm so glad all is working out well for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a joy to see them again and know they are settled and happy in their forever life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great to hear that Percy and Dabney's new people love them. I knew they would. Hopefully, their cat roommates will soon learn to love them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful news for both. I am so happy to know they are happy!

    ReplyDelete