Sunday, August 16, 2026

First Illness

Presto is not feeling well. It started on Wednesday: he was without energy - or at least without enthusiasm for playing - he didn’t eat, and his eyes were rheumy. But the next day, he was well, and all symptoms of illness had disappeared. Friday night, however, he was feeling poorly again. He prefers to lie about, rather than play, staying in a cat-bed when in the library, and sometimes under the bed when he is out in the rest of the house. The good thing, which is also puzzling, is that since Friday, Presto’s appetite has remained good. I think he is eating with his brothers at meal-times, but I am supplementing this with offerings separate from his siblings, and he is eating these bowlfuls.


I will call the veterinary tomorrow to arrange an examination.


16 comments:

  1. Oh, Presto! Feel better, little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paws together for a speedy recovery for Presto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presto...don't do that sweetheart.. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an excellent sign that he still has an appetite. Hopefully, it's just some minor, temporary upset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always the weekend or holiday when illness hits. Hope it is not serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it's just a Kitty cold, nothing concerning. 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  7. dood...may bee ya haza al ur geez oh sum kinda sort ?? keep up de good appa tite coz thatz a MAJOR pluz ♥♥☺☺R pal frank sendz blezzingz ~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending purrayers and love to your little guy - and that the others stay healthy too,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Presto. I hope he is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little guy. Hopefully the vet can see him tomorrow. Please let us know how he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even a cat "cold" needs an antibiotic, usually, so I'm glad you are getting him to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you lots of POTP! Get well soon, the sooner the better, Presto!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am hoping the other babies are well...and that Presto is improving.

    ReplyDelete