Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Mini-Renn

The second Saturday of every month, the rescue-group to which I belong, the Lethbridge PAW Society, visits the Homes Alive pet-supply shop downtown and shows off a cat available for adoption. This time, it was Nicolas’s turn. He did very well, considering that it was his first time in public. He is very gentle and a little timid but gets along with other cats, especially his sister, Isabella. There is something that others than myself have noted about this little fellow: his resemblance to my Renn.


The colouring, the longish hair and even the larger nose are all the same as my big boy’s, though on a small scale. I have seen certain patterns repeated in cats. Kim at Musings on a Small Life (http://keaslife.blogspot.ca/) once had pictures of a white cat with tabby markings and a ringed tail with a dark stripe down its length, just like my Josie. Undine at Strange Company (http://strangeco.blogspot.ca/) has a cat whom she says could be Renn’s twin – and whose fur is ‘rusting’ just like my big boy’s. I wonder if, once breeds get mixed up and ‘mongrel’ cats are produced, dominant genes create repeated patterns.


If so, then I predict a good and healthy life for this little Nicolas. He was a little under the weather this past Saturday, it’s true, but, come to think of it, so was I. However, my Renn is now eleven and has rarely been sick. And friendly? Renn is anxious to like everyone – as soon as he overcomes his shyness.


So let this entry be a comparison and an advertisement. Nicolas is a friendly, fun, gentle six month old – so friendly and gentle that he tries to climb up people but fails because he doesn’t like to use his claws. And he may just turn out to be like my favourite big boy: a friendly, fun, gentle eleven year old. I’ll let readers draw my conclusion.

15 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh...he's gorgeous! Very much like Renn! I so hope someone falls in love with him soon and gives him a wonderful and true forever home. Purrs from the boys to him. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww - he IS a mini-Renn....someone out there is going to be very lucky indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolas is indeed a lovely boy, and yes, similar to your Renn in colourings. I do hope a loving human comes to adopt him. Will he be adopted with his sisterIsabella?
    I always look at Black and white cats to compare markings to my Holly's. more white bits, white socks or more mittens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though Nicolas and Isabella would make an excellent pair to be adopted together, they are not bonded as such, and would probably become good friends with whomever they met. But if they do go together, that would please the PAW Society immensely.

      Delete
  4. Nicolas is just beautiful and absolutely adorable. I'm sure he'll find a great home in no time. But do 'ya think Renn could have been sneaking out on us?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he is, I must a) review my security measures and b) have a word with the vet who performed minor surgery on Renn some years ago.

      Delete
  5. He is truly beautiful. His face is very photogenic and his sweetness must be very apparent...for you sense it. I wish I could meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicholas, we send de best oh trout, bloo gill, perch, herring, salmon, flounder & mackerull that ya findz yur for everz home just like renn did, N yur sell a bratin bunches oh gotcha dayz two.....heerz all pawz crossed yur in yur new place by Christmas ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is a very gentle and sweet looking boy. I hope he gets his perfect forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May he find his forever home soon. If he's anything like my Mac and your Renn, someone will be getting a wonderful companion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly he finds his forever home soon. He sounds like an absolute sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure Renn is 11? I count Mondo as nine, born approximately April 30, 2007. I want to know if he's older than that since we're so attached. Thanks, and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right! I was thinking of Tucker's age - I always imagine Tucker to be the baby of the family, but he's two years older than Renn. I'll issue a correction later.

      Delete