Wednesday, February 21, 2018

In Which I am Presented with an Award


Today, I am pleased to announce that the Eastside Cats (https://eastsidecats.blogspot.ca) have given me a Supawstars Spotlight Award, because they enjoy my blog. While I write my blog for my own entertainment - and to tell everyone about my cats - it is nonetheless gratifying to know that it brings some pleasure to others. Thank you, Eastside Cats.

I now will list five other blogs that I feel deserve to be given this award. These are not the only blogs I like or frequently read, but are, perhaps, the ones I like which I believe deserve a bit more attention for different reasons. They are listed in alphabetical order.

Feral Cat Behavior (http://www.feralcatbehavior.com) is the effort of a woman in the United States who is practically a one-woman cat-rescue operation. Mary Anne does remarkable work helping cats, and does so on a necessarily minuscule budget. Lately, the local businesses that have supported her in a half-hearted way have done away with the other half of their hearts and money is scarcer than ever. She doesn’t blog every day, as she is coping with family health issues, too, but if you can drop by her site to say ‘hello’, and maybe donate, if you can, I know it would be appreciated.

Just Cats (http://justcats-deb.blogspot.ca) is a fellow Canadian blog which, despite the title, isn’t just about cats. It’s about cats and dogs, family and homes, and even a friendly chipmunk. Deb is a part-time cat-sitter, and she and her husband are in the process of building their new house on property that is practically ancestral land.

Musings on a Small Life (http://keaslife.blogspot.ca) is another Canadian who, in addition to her two cats, writes about work and life in general. Her views of the world are entertaining and often insightful, and the pictures she takes are interesting and vey often beautiful; she has a good eye for colour, especially in flowers.

Strange Company (http://strangeco.blogspot.ca) is a treasury of the weird, unusual and inexplicable. Undine (cat-lover and fan of Edgar Allan Poe) writes of disappearances, ghosts, unsolved murders and the generally odd. Her ‘weekend link dumps’, featured every Friday, are huge selections of the bizarre with something to satisfy everyone’s curiosities.

Tomcat Commentary by Tim (http://timmytomcat.blogspot.ca) always has something funny going on. Pete is dad to half a dozen felines, who usually tell their own tales. The photographs accompanying them are perfect illustrations of the adventures.

These are among the blogs I read and, though I don’t read many blogs regularly, they are not the only ones. I hope no one feels left out if I didn’t mention them. All of those I frequent - and even more that I don’t - are entertaining and fun, and one can always find something appealing somewhere on the internet.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, they're fun to receive. And thanks for including me on your list, that's generous, considering I'm no longer blogging specifically for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well-deserved award, John! (And thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Thank you, John, and while I already read Just Cats and Feral Cat Behavior, I'm off to discover the other three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. guyz...conga ratz two ewe N dad on ree ceevin thiz awardz...way awesum.....noe one will feel left out
    frum thiz and itz nice ta see sum names ther we noe two !!

    ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your well deserved award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! We were really tickled to see you got the award, well deserved indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your felines certainly deserve this award. and thank you for pointing us in the direction of other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, John! Your award is well deserved. I must say I agree with the Eastside Cats choice 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I,too, read Just Cats and Eastside Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! :) I think you deserved this award :)

    ReplyDelete