Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cammie in My Calendar

The rescue-group of which I am a member, the Lethbridge PAW Society, is devising its new calendar, this one for 2019. Each year features twelve cats who were rescued by and then adopted from PAW. There is not a competition to be in the calendar; anyone whose cat qualifies can apply. This year, the last of my perma-cats, Cammie, will be shown in one of the months.

I had no idea whether the photographer would be able to take any pictures of the princess. Cammie must have known something was up, because she hid when the visitor came to the apartment, which she doesn’t usually do. She is never pleased about guests but she rarely hides. After being coaxed out from under the bed, she hastened to the top of the tallest cat-tree, and that’s where the photos had to be taken.

Considering what I expected, Cammie presented herself well. When it comes to a photo session, though, she is no Tungsten. But she is my princess, and whatever develops will be wonderful. Or as wonderful as Cammie permits.

11 comments:

  1. Cammie, we don't need no stinkin' photographer's image to show us your loveliness! However, being a pin-up...er...calendar girl is pretty fantabulous...concats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy! Cammie's a star! Congratulations, Princess! And congratulations to you, John! The photo on today's post is just beautiful, but, of course it would be, after all Cammie's a gorgeous cat. Wasn't Tucker on last year's calendar? Maybe you should make your own "Cosy Apartment Calendar"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derry and I certainly understand Cammie's disinclination to be photographed! :-)

    The only cat who would pose for photos was Chumley, the show off.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the final calendar image chosen; I'm sure it will be good, regardless of Cammie's feelings about the process or where she was perching.

    Have a lovely weekend and a very happy Easter!

    P.S. I've tried twice now to leave a comment, don't think they went through. But if they did, just delete #2 and #3. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my stars Cammie I know you will SHINE no matter the photo they use; we think this is amazing; purrhaps they will choose the one shown here, I must say you look FABulous ~~~~~ hugs from dai$y; we look forward to seeing when dad posts about this next year ~~~~~~~ happy Easter to all ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. They tend to do that, don't they? I was thinking of hard photographing opportunities myself and then my mind wandered to what they do (if they've a mind to) when it comes to someone coming to cut their claws. Her Vet tech comes here to do her claws for me and when Tiffany comes into the house, Katie tries to hide. I shut doors so she can't get UTB BUT she will instead crowd herself under the chairs or end tables to make herself as hard to get as possible. They rule.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great that beautiful Cammie will be on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to both of you! How exciting to see the princess as a calendar girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful, Cammie. Even if you weren't agreeable to having your photo taken the photographer has certainly captured your loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just as a princess should, you didn't make it easy for the photographer. Looking forward to seeing the purrfect shot!

    Eileen and the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cammie is a beautiful addition to the calendar.
    Eric didn't like having his photo taken and most were done with the zoom. Flynn on the other hand was a total poser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some cats are naturals in front of the camera and others aren’t, just like people. Who of us is comfortable being photographed? Certainly not me.
    Cammie is such a lovely cat. I’m glad she’ll be a part of the calandar. We hope to see Parker next year.
    (Do remind us when the calandar is up for sale...)

    ReplyDelete