Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Return of the Sun

Though we in southern Alberta - and many other places, it seems - have been hit with one snowfall after another this winter, the year is advancing and spring is nearly here.


With the change from daylight saving time - or to it, possibly - there is more sunlight in the afternoon. More importantly - because it is beyond the control of mankind - the Earth is tilting in our favour again, and we are receiving the rays of our personal star more directly now. The cats are enjoying this development.


The sun is shining into the cosy apartment in greater abundance these days, and the beasts are not slow to take advantage of it. Cammie, in particular, is enjoying it. She seems to spend half of her time snoozing in the warmth of the heated cat-beds, and the other half snoozing in the warmth of the sunshine. These are the days when I envy the life of a cat.

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes more sun for more of it for the cats to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see them in the sun...all melty soft and smoochable looking; their eyes closed and the epitome of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta keep that cat fur nicely warmed...not chilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine how deliciously warm Cammie must feel, soaking in the sunshine.

    If I ever get to move to a more preferable location and home, I want it to have good natural light, with plenty of sunshine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No bills to pay and sun all day. I know I am very content and life is good when I'm stretched out, every bit of my furs basking in warmth. - Tom xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the kitties are enjoying the extra sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cammie....and I wish you a million more days of sun sleeping and heated bed snoozing; and meals on time !! ☺☺ my coat is too thick for sun bathing, so if you ever run out of sunny spots; let me know and I'll send you mine ~~~~~~~ hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww. The return of the extended sunpuddle season. We have not yet seen the sun here but when the clouds depart Holly will be enjoying the big sun puddle on her bed. Cammie looks as content as a regal lady on her sunny cruise vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cammie looks so content and comfortable, she could give us all a lesson in relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the return of the sun! We don't get a lot of sun puddles, but when we do you can be sure my cats will be sun bathing.
    Nice to see Cammie enjoying the sun. I never tire seeing her pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too - I could easily be very happy just lying in the sun all day (with a pile of books and Poppy to keep me company).

    The sun is beginning to leave us, and it is getting cooler and darker here now as the seasons shift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wish the sun would make an appearance here. We have more snow forecast towards the end of the weekend and a return of "The Beast from the East".

    ReplyDelete
  13. My cats are also using some ray of light when it appears near the window. But I see no Spring for now :( It's -9 Celsius degrees and snowing in Warsaw :(
    I miss Spring so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter seems to be hanging on all over the northern hemisphere.

      Delete