Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Improving, Again.

This is just a short entry to let everyone know that Renn has improved a little. He ate a good amount of food last night, which was my main concern, and is drinking water. So far as I can tell, he has not deposited anything of substance in the litter-boxes for several days, but I will continue his laxative treatment indefinitely, on the same schedule as Tucker’s.


Another complication that my big boy is suffering at the moment is a cold; he has had them before but this one is worse than the previous and, for the first time, seems to be interfering with his appetite. Despite colds often negating a cat’s sense of smell, my beasts have not ceased eating when they’ve contracted a cold. (Tucker too has a cold right now, and is eating his usual, small amount.) With the cold, his constipation, the anaesthetic and pain-killer from the surgery - and the accompanying stress - it’s no wonder Renn has been feeling low. (Undine found an interesting and concerning correlation between buprenorphine and hair-loss; I thank her for bringing it to my notice.)


But hopefully, Renn is now on his way up. I am grateful for all the good wishes and thoughts directed toward my big boy by readers. The positive feelings were most appreciated.


13 comments:

  1. We're sure glad Renn is improving. It's not unusual for one of us to come home from the Vet with a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear he has another cold; he already had enough on his plate to deal with.

    How is his fur loss? Has that eased off? That was the part that concerned me the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night his loss of fur and dandruff seemed to be abating. I am holding off on giving him salmon oil for the time being. I thought I’d wait until the drugs are out of his system before starting anything else, except for the laxative. His waste disposal needs to be more regular.

      Delete
  3. I am glad Renn is improving but sorry he has a cold. I hope it quickly clears up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you all purrayers and Power of the Paw for conquering those pesky colds !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news to hear that Renn is "on the mend." Or as we say at the animal shelter, "heal"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please give Renn a head rub from us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renn, eat up, big guy! We know that a stuffy nose can limit one's appetite; hope it goes away immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renn keep improving. I know John is taking the best care of you so don't let him worry about you too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are glad the Renn is feeling better! We hope his cold is nothing serious! Sending many Purrayers! have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending Renn lots of healing vibes for a speedy recovery from the cold (Tucker too). Give all of them a scritch from me, with extra scritches and snuggles to sweet Renn. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad Renn is improving. Please know we continue to purr and pray for him.

    ReplyDelete