Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Playing, Fighting, Screaming... The Usual

Bit by bit, Iago is coming around. Initially, he was resistant to playing, treating the toys as threats. Late last week, I noticed that some of the toys left with him in the library while I was at work were not in the positions they were when I had departed. Whether they moved by accident as he was passing them, or he played with them, I could not say.


But last night, I brought a string-toy into the library and he played with it. I think he was playing. He was quite antagonistic toward it, growling and hissing. That doesn’t worry me. He was not afraid of the toy, and was using it for its purpose, which is two steps forward. I will try playing with him some more this evening.


Last night, however, there was a fuss in the library. Screaming and yelling woke me and when I rushed into the library, Iago was upset and hissing. I don’t think it was Brazil; he was in the cylinder-house cat-tree, which is not where he runs if he is afraid or in trouble. I think he too was sleeping until the noise woke him. Imogen, however, was not in her usual spot. And this morning, I found small tufts of light (non-Imogen) hued fur on the library floor. I think Miss Silky sneaked into that room, and ventured too close to the Venetian for either of them to like it. I can see her attempting to sniff him and things proceeding downhill from there. Unlike Brazil, who would run away, Imo would stand her ground and battle, if that situation arose. I think it arose.


However, I will continue to leave the library door open at night. Only by seeing and, if required, coming close to the other beasts, will Iago grow accustomed to them. I may see a few more tufts of hair along the way, though…


12 comments:

  1. As long as there's not so much fur flying as to make another cat! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing is the cats have enough fluff to spare a tuft here and there and not go cold. Just hope they settle their differences soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully Iago and Imogen will soon learn to live in peaceful coexistence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Iago, left muttering about "wild-cats in your kitchens..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't want to live peacefully all the time but things are improving

    ReplyDelete
  6. They'll have to sort themselves out. A cat fight is a quick way to be awoken in the early
    hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's I vs. I, until they realize they are pals instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those noise in the middle of the night can be pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is not the kind of awakening one wants to hear. But eventually, maybe it will turn to mutual affection??? I hope so! Tincture of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm generally okay with fur flying...as long as there is no blood. I do hope the perma-cats and Iago find some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. guyz....bak in de day... ther ther waza popular song....give peace a chance... :) try it :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete