Monday, April 24, 2017

Unexpected Agility

I do not associate Tucker with agility. I perhaps do him an injustice. In my defence, I may point out that he looks like an immense, hair-covered jujube. One does not expect a gummy candy to have much climbing ability. As well, he has diabetes, which can reduce strength in the nether regions. Though Tucker has suffered from this characteristic in the past, the regulation of his insulin has ameliorated it. It should have been less of a surprise when I saw the roly poly one appear in the cylinder cat-tree.


This is not an easy tree to penetrate. Jumping directly into the opening of the cylinder, or pulling oneself in are the only means of entrance. Escaping requires a drop down to the platform straight below or, even farther, to the floor. Nonetheless, Tucker managed both directions without complaint. 

Why he decided to explore the cylinder cat-tree, I don’t know. He did not stay long. He may have been merely curious, in an olfactory way. Renn has re-claimed the location recently, and Tucker may have been wondering about its attraction. In any case, he made it there and back again, without injury.


I am rather proud of my roly poly, not just for his achievement, but for attempting it in the first place. Perhaps an extra helping of food is in order; something non-fattening, so as to facilitate his unexpected agility.

20 comments:

  1. Way to go, Tucker! Though we don't think you would appreciate being referred to as a "hair-covered jujube". That insult alone calls for a treat or three. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where there is a will there is a way, eh Tucker? Cats are full of surprises - part of the reason why we all love these creatures so much. Immense Covered jujube - made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly full of surprises. Every day brings a new one, it seems.

      Delete
  3. Good for you, Tucker!! Maybe you can talk to my roly-poly, Alex. The only agility he does is an impression of a couch potato. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Alex. Mine are a pretty lazy bunch, over all, but they have their moments.

      Delete
  4. every once in a while Ivy will appear in a place that mom swears she probably wouldn't have been able to get too...just to prove humans wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand the pride in him. That was indeed a feat for him. Being on the round side and having to move all of his delightful self straight up AND down was remarkable. Good boy! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on giving him some sort of treat. Would a pinch of canned salmon be okay for him? My herd get a little of this once in a big while. They act like it's catnip the way they eat it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good idea. I give my lot the water from tuna tins when I make sandwiches. That too is popular.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to try this on them. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  7. An immense , hair covered jujube! What a picture your words paint of dear Tucker! Desired behaviors are always to be rewarded and rewarded in a timely fashion. Hope Tucker enjoyed his treat.
    How is Cammie feeling? Well and happy we hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cammie is recovering still. She is much better than she was but she is not eating as much as I would like. I am also treating her for possible hairballs. I figured that as I had incurred her wrath by force-fedding her over Easter, I may as well get the hairball treatment over with. But she is keeping everything down, and she is gaining nutrition. It's a slow recovery but it is a recovery.

      Delete
  8. cat father.....we noe de troo reezon dont we ...for which we will take ...omerta.......

    grate job buddy !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. He doesn't look like he likes it up there. Good on him for making it up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't stay long. Maybe it smelled too much of his brother.

      Delete
  10. Well congrats Tucker!!! Getting sassy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is great when our friends do the unexpected. Tucker may be trying to regain his lost agility in which we wish him godspeed. Our Buddy takes runs along the cat walk that make me smile. I do miss our big Blue Buddy chasing and whacking Toby but our House Panther is just fine with the peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dat's pawsum. He looks so cute explorin'. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Tucker! He must be feeling good to want to check out previously inaccessible places.

    ReplyDelete