While the kittens continue learning about their as-yet very small world, the other beasts continue living in their larger small world. They like the wide window in the sitting room, and someone can usually be found sitting or lying on a cat-tree looking out.
I sometimes see a beast or two when I come home. This is what I observed yesterday. Brazil can be clearly seen, but the reflections on the glass blot out most of Moxy, whose white bib and feet may be discerned. I don’t think they were looking for my return in particular; I happened to come home while they were at the window.
Nevertheless, it’s pleasant to see the cats at such a time. They make the house more of a home, little lives going about their business in safety and comfort. Maybe others feel that about me when they see me inside, through the window.

A very nice greeting, whether they intended it or not.
ReplyDeleteEver hopeful for your arrival and then on to dinner and games, no doubt. It is always a welcome sight and sound to come home to a fur baby in the waiting.
ReplyDeleteI rarely get such a greeting. Perhaps more with Admiral. When Katie was young ands first there, she was in the window occasionally when I came home but...she stopped long about 10 years of age.
ReplyDeleteA house is not a home without a cat or 2 or 3.....
ReplyDeleteOr twelve...
DeleteWonderful!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they are all eagerly awaiting your return home.
ReplyDeleteA house may be a house, but without a cat it won't be a home.
ReplyDeleteThe cat makes it a home, at least to me.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it was just a coincidence that they were there. They know what time you come home and were waiting for you to arrive. Whether it was food or not is beside the point!
ReplyDelete