Saturday, June 11, 2016

Toes, by Way of Diversion



Though Cammie continues to be of concern to me, things are, right now, improving. She did not want breakfast this morning so, in order to keep her fed, I delivered a very tasty concoction of Recovery and water by syringe. After that, the princess went into seclusion again, though I could tell that it was not the same discouragement-induced hiding as previous. When I returned from errands at three o’clock, she was out, and ate with the rest of the beasts: in her case, two small helpings of Fancy Feast. In the next four hours, she ate two more such portions and drank some water. She has not used the litter-box today, which is a bit worrisome, but I will keep the litter scooped in order to tell what she deposits there when the time comes.

I want to thank everyone for their comments and best wishes. I will be talking to the veterinarian about cystosis on Monday. Depending on what Cammie leaves in the litter-box this weekend, I may start her on the Veraflox, but I would rather not, if it isn’t necessary.

Now, just to show that not everything is serious in the household, here are some pictures of my big boy, a long and heavy cat who enjoys stuffing himself into the cylinder-house cat-tree. How does he do it? Why, his feet get left out, literally. So, I present to you Renn, and his many toes, for your viewing pleasure.






13 comments:

  1. Renn is quite the contortionist!

    Continued purrs to Cammie.

    One link on idiopathic cystitis, if that is what it is, is here:

    http://icatcare.org/advice/cat-health/feline-idiopathic-cystitis-fic

    There's tons of good info out there for managing it, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Cammie, we hope she continues to eat and drink, even slowly is better than nothing at all. Love your big boys toes, sticking out of his cosy tunnel.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure hope that Cammie continues to improve. It is so frustrating when they don't eat. Renn, good job getting into that small space. Cats do love to do that. You all have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Cammie is on the mend, and that's great! It's possible that she hasn't used the litter box because she hasn't been eating that much. But now that she has started to eat, you'll probably see some "deposits" soon. I would also think it's an indication that her cystitis is improving because if there had been no improvement, she would be in and out of the box frequently.
    The photos of Renn are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is that she was never repeatedly in and out of the litter-boxes, even before I took her to the vet. She wet where she shouldn't a couple of times but she didn't feel the need to visit the boxes overly much.

      Delete
  5. Renn does make me laugh with his feet and tail sticking out of the tunnel!
    Continued good thoughts and purrs for Cammie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope you mean solid deposits because lack of liquid deposits is very serious. Prayers for our dear Cammie continue and we certainly hope to see her back to her old self soon. I'm sure your love and
    emotional support are greatly appreciated. Siamese
    remember such things.
    Hope you are holding up as best as possible. Renn is doing his best to keep spirits up and it looks like he could very easily succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My big boy is sometimes a big goof. As for Cammie, the latest developments have just been published.

      Delete
  7. Oh Renn, I just love you. I am glad that Cammie seems to be doing better but I worry about her. I hope whatever was making her I'll has truly passed. Purrs fro Eileen and Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always worry that an illness isn't gone or is coming back. Cammie has given me some truly wakeful nights. But I can count on Renn for a good laugh.

      Delete
  8. I hope the progress with Cammie continues. It would seem she's feeling some better.

    As for Renn, his toes make me smile! Thanks for sharing the photos of the adorable toes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitty paw dangles are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renn always puts me in a good mood with his dangling feet.

      Delete