Monday, June 20, 2016

Unstealthy Behaviour

Tucker continues to believe that he’s stealthy. And he continues to be wrong.

He has a new habit. Where these sudden shifts in behaviour come from, or where they eventually go, I don’t know, but now, when he knows I am preparing food in the kitchen, he takes up a spot under the dining table. It only occurs when human food is being made, not cat-food. But being the shape of a sausage and the size of a small cask does not give him the camouflage necessary to hide, however, and I often see this tell-tale sign.


Then, of course, there’s that big moon-face of his, always hopeful, always ready to think that he is putting one over on me. But I usually see him hasten to his new hiding spot, then talk to him when he is there.


This alerts him to the fact that he’s been seen, and that the operation has been compromised. So he scurries from the scene as swiftly as his stubby legs will carry him.


If you view old photographs of commandos from World War Two, you will note that, contrary to Hollywood’s perception, they were not muscle-bound giants who could lift automobiles with one hand. They were often of average height or even shorter, of moderate strength and weight; ordinary men with extraordinary training. But you may also note that not one of them was a sausage-shaped cat. There were good reasons for this.

22 comments:

  1. I can just see the little trot chubby cats tend to do in that third picture. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Well, Tucker's "missions" may not be successful, but to his credit, he keeps trying. "If at first you don't succeed......."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tucker certainly has perseverence on his side.

      Delete
  3. I love his "moon face" which will always give him away. How about a comedy WWll movie featuring Tucker and his never quite successful missions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't know if our side would have won if Tucker had been in the army, but every war needs its share of service comedies.

      Delete
  4. Poor Tucker! I'm sure he just wants to help. Or hope for something to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days you're going to be distracted. And one of these days you're going to drop something good. And one of these days those days will coincide and he'll be ready! And Godspeed to those stubby legs when it happens! MOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if Bob Hope and/or and Bing Crosby had had Tucker for their WW II era movies, how much better would they have been! (Referencing Eileen's comment.)

    Sweet Tucker is often seems to be the butt of jokes, but I think he's a love. Maybe a bit silly, definitely entertaining, most definitely adorable in every way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make fun of the roly poly but he's like the baby of the family, and I make sure he knows he's loved.

      Delete
  7. Tucker is so lovable and tries his hardest. The photo of him scurrying away made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps having his ideas on how to get a little more out of life.

      Delete
  8. Sweet Tucker! I hope you two continue to enjoy his new game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always comes up with something to keep me amused. I don't know how he feels about it...

      Delete
  9. dood....we guess we knead ta get a new pea sea screen coz we seerched hi & low N never did see ewe wear yur dad sayz ewe were hidin out by de tabull ~~~~~~ { we hope what ever him was fixin for hiz dinner; a wee bit finded itz way two ewe ☺☺☺ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOL that's cute, Tucker !
    Some time human's food smells so good, doesn't it ?
    Me does sometime, and mom lets me smell her food and then I know... cat food is da best =^x^=

    PS : Thanks so much to continue our kitty friendship =^x^=

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good try Tucker :) That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH you make my mommy smile! That is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete