Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Tail of the Tub

Sometimes, cat behaviour defies my understanding. I find especially odd those strange lapses in everyday actions that occur once and never again. Submitted for your consideration: Josie in the bathtub a few days ago.

My Chubs had looked into the tub a couple times that evening, as if she were seeing or smelling something unique. Then I found her in the tub. At first, I thought that she was interested in the odours left behind by Renn’s periodic wetting. But Josie was sniffing about at the high end, rather than the low, where my big boy had committed his misdeeds. Further more, she seemed more intrigued by the inside of the shower-curtain than the tub itself.

I suppose the deposits of hard-water may have been of an interestingly tasty nature, but the Great White had been apathetic toward the tub until now. She never showed up on bath-nights, didn’t care about running water. And she has not been in the tub since the incident recorded here.

It will, I suspect, become simply ‘one of those things’ that cats do now and then, one that Josie would deny doing, if confronted with its commission years from now. All I will be able to do is show her these photographs as evidence of the evening when she was a tail of the tub.



11 comments:

  1. Who can understand cat behavior? I think our cats do things just to keep us on our toes. And they do a great job of it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie needed to investigate, and once her curiosity was satisfied...she was satisfied! This is why cats bewitch us so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did seem very interested. Is it possible she had discovered a spider lurking in there which needed closer investigation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go looking for random drops left after Mom gets out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something seems to have caught her eye (or nose). Did she ever look up and notice you watching her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. She eventually just decided to leave on her own.

      Delete
  6. Maybe she felt in need if a shower?

    Sometimes I run a little water in when poppy does that as she is after a few drops to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dad told me to say simply- Never try to understand anything a cat does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Eastside Cats words, "This is why cats bewitch us so!"

    "Bewitch" is apt. And I agree that's it's easier NOT to try to understand what a cat does! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Odd behaviour indeed. Thus far none of my cats have shown an interest in the tub. My stand alone shower yes.

    ReplyDelete