Friday, December 26, 2025

Adopted on Boxing Day

Today is the second day of Christmas, the feast of Saint Stephen, Boxing Day. It’s a good time, I think, to announce that Moxy will be adopted. I’ve decided to keep the Mixer with me.


There are several reasons for keeping him, aside from the fact that I like him and he seems to like me. Whether rightly or wrongly, I feel that outsider cats (and Moxy was an outside/inside cat) deserve to stay in the home to which they’ve become adjusted, to which they’ve adapted. That, of course, is not always possible, nor is it always preferable. Nonetheless, I think they have a certain proprietorial interest in the home into which they’ve been accepted.


As well, Moxy is the Mixer, and a great asset to a household which fosters other cats, especially shy ones. I believe it is because of Moxy that Sable has done so well in adapting to the indoor life. They are friends, and certainly, though Moxy doesn’t quite reciprocate her feelings to the same extent, Sabe is very fond of her fat-headed chum.



Then there is his relationship with the other cats. Though he may annoy others from time to time, most tolerate the Mixer. He seems to exude a confident harmlessness. Take for example, his warm and peaceful relationship with Brazil.



Then there is his character. He is simply a friendly, amiable fellow. Besides, his periodic moments of leaving his body behind to stare blankly at objects makes me think he is either very spiritual, or just not right in the head.



So Moxy will be staying with me. It is, perhaps, not a wise financial decision. But having cats at all is not a wise financial decision. Then again, some cats are worth the cost.


15 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this! Moxey with his easy going nature will be a great benefit to any new arrivals you get in the future. You have made a good decision both for yourself and for Moxey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such terrific news, I'm glad his home is right there where he is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOOD ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️ thiz iz like de bezt mewz ever and knot onlee a grate christmas gift for…ewe….but for de cosy cabin N dad all sew. buzzed happee for ewe anda happee oh fizh ul gotcha day buddy with yeerz a head filled with happeez and healtheez πŸͺ…πŸŽ‰‼️😸❤️πŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day, Moxy! I'm very glad you're staying put and off the market, as it were! πŸŽ‰❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purrfect time of year to make this permanent for Moxy. A date you won't forget when time to have an annual celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, wonderful news!
    Concatulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moxy! I could not be more happy for you than I am right now! You chose your Dad wisely and let him know he is your Dad. Absolutely great move on your part, and on your Dad's part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful!! Congratulations to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic news!!! And what a wonderful Christmas gift for you and Moxy. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to all of you! When cats sit staring off at "nothing," they are simply, quietly, running the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s wonderful news. Moxy sounds like such a delightful fellow, and Sable needs him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news for Mr Moxy - the perfect home for him xx

    ReplyDelete