A few entries ago, Undine asked if any of the rescue-group’s adoptions have occurred as a result of someone reading my blog. As far as I know, that has not happened. I think that my readership, such as it is, is not local. That may be the case with most blogs; it would be largely a matter of coincidence if a reader came from the same location as the blog-writer. The rescue-group’s website has always featured a link to my blog, but I doubt that many have taken advantage of it. Personally, after fifteen years, I have met only one local who has mentioned their knowledge of my blog so, while some readers may want to adopt one of the fosters living with me, they are very unlikely to be close enough to make it feasible.
Thus, though the cats in my care may receive good advertising from my blog, the market for their trade remains too distant.

However, we distant readers do enjoy the happenings at the Cosy Cabin. Hopefully the rescue group advertising gets some needed attention from locals.
ReplyDeleteI do agree that the majority of readers are distant. Most of my readers come from North America, with only two regular commenters from the UK.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say something very similar to Lynn and Precious. And I recall when Undine mentioned that. I hoped you would answer.
ReplyDeleteAn interesting discussion.
ReplyDeleteBecause of this blog, I follow the Lethbridge PAW Society on my FB page, and hope that others take a look at the felines available for adoption.
Hope springs eternal.
I see that you respond to posting of the group from time to time. Thank you.
DeleteI am one of those "distant readers" who thoroughly enjoys reading your blog. I feel like I know your cats as well as I know my own, and some of them I'd love to adopt.
ReplyDeleteThe blogosphere is a funny old thing. I live in a different country, but I feel I'm friends with all your cats. While, for all I know, your next-door neighbor isn't even aware they exist.
ReplyDeleteThat's about how it is, all right.
Deleteyeowzerz guyz...thatz a LOT oh addz.....iz thiz street one wear ewe live !!! ?? ☺☺
ReplyDeleteFortunately not. That's Piccadilly Circus, in London. I was thinking about that location as I put up the picture: all the advertising was thought crass when it first went up in the early 1900s, then it became a characteristic of the place; people regarded it almost affectionately. That photo is from before all the ads went digital. Many people now miss the neon! (Then again, if that were my home, I'd be in London...)
DeleteI love reading from New Zealand.
ReplyDelete