Tuesday, April 7, 2026

A Healthy Mum; All She Needs is Kittens

Rhapsody is still holding on to her kittens. I’d be concerned if she were giving indications of feeling poorly. But she is eating well, visiting the litter-box regularly, and in terms of activity, is the most energetic cat come play-time. I had to pause in tossing about the string-toy because she was jumping up onto the back of the couch - from the floor - and bouncing off the cushions.


But she is also claiming her place as a resident of the Cosy Cabin. After dinner, I had Brazil on my lap, and Rho decided to join us. Neither she nor Shimmer were alarmed or even mildly put off by each other’s proximity. While this isn’t always the case - I think it depends upon where they are and what they are doing - it is another good sign of Rhapsody’s confidence and emotional health.


But, really, where are those babies?


11 comments:

  1. We're all on kitten watch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the little ones don't want to rush into this crazy world. 😵‍šŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you beginning to think those babies are a figment of your imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rho, if you wait much longer you will go pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buns in the oven have got to be ready to serve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kittens are already playing hide-and-seek, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, Rho. The whole world is waiting for you... Maybe she's trying for the world record for the longest pregnancy??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rho, come on now. Tell you what! I predict tomorrow afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I'm allegedly to receive some warning, such as Rhapsody's milk starting to seep. I hope so, because I don't want those newborns bellying up to a dry bar.

      Delete