Monday, April 13, 2026

Perspectives

Once the kittens were born, I of course let them become accustomed to finding nourishment, and being next to their mother. They huddled together against her for warmth and security.


It was vewy wawm and skwishy when I fewst wemember. Then, there was a big push an’ out I come into the big cold. I was scarwed but then a big lappy thing cleaned me and I felt wawm but dwy. There was a big big wawm fuzzy body an’ she kept me close and comfy.


Then I found a itty bitty tube an’ wawm tasty stuff came out an’ I dwank an’ dwank an’ dwank. Then I slept. I felt wawm and safe next to the big big warm fuzzy body.


But I wanted to get them used to human touch as soon as possible, so that their earliest memories would be of  being held gently in my hand. I wouldn’t keep them for long, just a minute or so, and then would replace them against their mother.



Then...then...I was lifted up up up up! I was way up and flying except I was on this wawm smooth thing that held me an’ kept me from falling. I yelled and yelled, an’ the wawm smooth thing put me down an’ I was against the big big fuzzy body again. Whew. I slept.


Repetition is important, I think, as it establishes a routine, and gives them a sense of  being held and touched as rather mundane and every-day.


Then, I was lifted up up up up again!! The wawm smooth thing held me an’ something stwoked my head. I yelled and yelled and yelled, an’ the wawm smooth thing put me down again.


They were of course frightened at first, but they became used to the process. I take each of them up in turn and softly run a finger along their little bodies and over their heads.


There are other little fuzzy things like me an’ the same thing happens to them! Some day, we’ll be big an’ stwong like the big big fuzzy body an’ if the wawm smooth thing tries to lift us, we’ll tear it to pieces!


Ya have to watch out in this new bright cold wowld. What a nightmawre. Whatever a nightmawre is...


I think the kittens enjoyed their first pets.


12 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet babies. It WOULD be scary, not having your sense of sight or hearing, and to be picked up, unable to grasp what is happening. They will be well-socialised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see in that first photo that Mom is keeping a careful eye on things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rhapsody doesn't mind me (much) picking up her kittens, but she does watch me.

      Delete
  3. So cute. I wish I could adopt that dilute calico- she looks like my angel Joanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the little ones will soon learn to enjoy human contact, and being socialized will certainly help them get adopted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH you have made my night and the rest of the month with their story you happened to hear from them each and...that last picture just endeared itself to me for ever. Oh my oh my oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's smart to get them used to you, the earlier, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fun to hear from the wee one's perspective!
    They are all keeping you and Rhapsody busy!
    These youngsters are getting the best start in life, even if right now they have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun to hear it from a new born kitten's perspective! They are adorable, but of course kittens always are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They will find that their world gets bigger every day. How cute they are and how those moments with their mama kitty getting milk are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an experience for you; bonding with these lovely babies.
    Priceless.

    ReplyDelete