Thursday, May 26, 2016

An Every-day Mystery

One finds the strangest things when one lives with cats. For instance, just today, I was walking into the sitting room and I spied a couple of paws. They were lying quite unconcerned, protruding from a nylon tunnel. I have become used to seeing paws; there are, after all, sixteen of them in this apartment alone. But I don’t usually see them lying about like this. I decided to investigate further.

 



Coming closer, I was able to see the cause of this mystery. There was a roly poly sausage of a cat, slumbering away inside the tunnel. I shouldn’t have been surprised. Along with paws, I find these cats scattered about the place, too.


Next, I will try to solve the puzzle of the origin of the cat-hair I see all over the apartment…

10 comments:

  1. Like you, I have a puzzle regarding cat hair. I always seem to find plenty of it... in my apartment, on my clothes, wherever. At this point I've given up fighting a loosing battle. I figure that if I'm not wearing cat hair, I'm not properly dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sausages in your tunnel? no wonder the cats were in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure looks like a great nap that cat with the paws is having in the tunnel. You all have a wonderful week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your roly poly sausage looks very content sleeping in the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww nice. Miss Pops loves a tunnel too, I might have to look out for one for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another mystery - why go part way through a tunnel, then decide to take a nap? Cats find the strangest of places to have a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saku occasionally sleeps in the tunnel too, I have to wonder if it so he can hear the other cats coming? I'm sure it feels good being cocooned.

    I suspect the mystery of the cat hair didn't take very long to solve.

    ReplyDelete