Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I Like the Mood I'm In

I’m sailing down the summer wind.
I’ve got whiskers on my chin,
And I like the mood I’m in.
As I while away
The time of day
In the lee of Christian Island.


          “Christian Island (Georgian Bay)”
          Written and sung by Gordon Lightfoot


I am on holiday. Astonishingly, though the days are moving more quickly than they do when I am at work, they contain more time for the important things in my life. These may not seem important, but they are. I read, I ride my bicycle (to nowhere in particular), I listen to music, I write, and spend time with the cats. This is a self-indulgent season of my year and, selfish fellow that I am, I make no apology for it.

Though I go nowhere, I nonetheless spend these weeks in the lee of my own Christian Island.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying your holiday. It's not surprising that the days are passing quickly. After all, time flies when you enjoy yourself. Since I have no one to leave my 6 cats with, I've taken staycations for quite a few years now, and I find I enjoy them. I get to relax, I can do my own thing (as we used to say in the 60's), and I can spend more time with my fur-kids. Continue to have a great time! You work hard, so you need the time to recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real sabbatical, well, sort of.. You'll return to work renewed, refreshed and revitalized. The cats the same. Relax with your kitties and be sure you take time to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my advice is to go dip a toe in Henderson Lake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you John. Glad you are enjoying your time off!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy every single moment! Wouldn't it be nice to have 3 consecutive weeks off...oh, three or four times a year? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. A staycation is as important as one that involves travel, in fact I found when I was working full time I rather enjoyed just relaxing at home and not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John...enjoy YOUR vacation however YOU want...that's what they're all about...no apologies warranted !! ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete