Friday, August 12, 2016

My Big Boy's Feeling Small

I was going to limit this article simply to showing how Renn, like Tucker, is another heavy cat who enjoys his lap-time. Unlike the roly poly, my big boy (two pounds heavier than Tucker), likes to sit or lie more or less facing me. This allows him to knead my stomach whenever he wants. In the house, he used to knead my kidneys; now, it’s my stomach.




But last night, Renn threw up. He almost never vomits food but did so twice, once about 10.30 and then again four hours later, this time mainly liquid. He sometimes throws up a hairball, but I can’t remember the last time he was sick. He did not lie on the bed last night as usual, and was not in the hall this morning, waiting for his soft-food breakfast. He wasn't interested in food, and lie on the couch in the library.

It may be a passing thing. I fed Renn some Fancy Feast ‘seafood feast’, which I don’t give to the girls, because I think it causes Cammie’s ‘head-rash’ and may make Josie throw up (though in her case, it is almost immediately afterward). The boys have always enjoyed it and not suffered for it. Perhaps that has changed. I won’t be giving my big boy that variety again, just to be sure. Hopefully, he will be feeling better when I return home tonight.

12 comments:

  1. Awww, Renn...We hope he's "right as rain" today, that it was just something quickly passing, like a reaction to the food. Purrs to him and smooches from our biped. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Renn is feeling better by now. I am sure this day has seemed very long to you worrying about him. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Renn. We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed that he'll soon be feeling better. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Renn is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Renn, I hope he is soon feeling better. It is a worry when they throw up and it is not normal for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Renn. I do hope he feels better soon and he not suffering anything serious. I wonder if it is the seafood? Do you think it might be the heat? In Toronto it is 36 degrees and I think poor Holly is feeling it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I hope Renn is feeling better today. The kitties send their purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Renn we sure hope you're doing much better over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,also, hope Renn is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Sweetheart. Hopefully it's the heat or that he's just eaten too quickly and not something serious. You know he's in our prayers. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fortunately I am behind in my reading, so I know that at the time of my commenting he is feeling better. I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad he is back to better!
    Timmy was coughing for over a week so off to he vet we go. Having an Asthma kitty, Rumpy, I can be a bit cat paranoid I admit. Heading to the V Timmy sang his heart out. Not a cough to be heard. That continued at the V and on the way home.
    If I knew he had that lung power I would not have worried. A large bill later I know Timmy is very healthy without a whit of asthma or URI.
    How we worry about our furry friends
    Dad Pete

    ReplyDelete