Wednesday, September 20, 2017

An Echo From Another Land

Echo left for her next adventure yesterday afternoon at five o’clock. I had been a bit worried about her the previous day, as her appetite had not been what it was, though she was in all other respects the same. But for dinner, before she went to her new foster-home, she ate heartily, wailing when she was hungry, as she seems to do. (When she stops crying for more, she’s full…for the moment.)


I had this morning a first report on Echo in her new home. She has seen Vinny and her thin little tail poofed up in warning. Vinny crawled about the room as if he were in fear of being set upon by this little orange creature. Maybe he’s found a new boss… But neither the young woman fostering them, nor the rescue-group representative handling the case thinks the encounter was bad at all; in fact, it looks promising for the two cats.

For the time being, Echo will remain in a spacious bedroom of her own when her foster-guardian is not home, though today she has the day off to spend with her two charges. I think the integration will go well - better than it would trying to get used to five other felines! If either Vinny or Echo want time alone, there is plenty of space for that, too.

Echo already has her own personality and it is one that will easily make itself felt. I believe things are set fair for my erstwhile and memorable little foster-cat.

20 comments:

  1. Yay for Echo! The goal: get her into her furrever home, and she's on her way. She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In her foster-home, we'll learn more about her developing character and be able to describe her better to prospective adopters. She'll win hearts just by her cuteness, though.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful little girl, it would be so easy to fall in love with her. I/we wish her the very best and hope all works out well in the new foster home, and that she finds a wonderful and true forever home too. Purrs to her from my boys. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once she is put on the rescue-group's website, we'll have some inquiries about her pretty swiftly. Thank you for your thoughts.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like Echo will be settling into her new home with no problem. However poor Vinny! Echo is already showing him who's boss. But that said, hissing and growling is to be expected when a new cat is introduced into a household. Once Echo and Vinny establish their own territory, things will quiet down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not worried about the long run, but in the short term, there will be some adjustments, as may be expected.

      Delete
  4. Good luck Echo (and Vinny). Sounds like initial introductions went well....we hope they become fast friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. None of mine ever became friends, so I like to see it happen somewhere!

      Delete
  5. all the best to you echo and we hope your new purrson gives dad J an update every now and then....we hope you become best best BEST friends with vinny; with a name like that, you can't go wrong.....trust me ~~~~~~~~ the codd mother ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will want to know what's going on with Echo and Vinny. I have a special interest in the little one.

      Delete
  6. Echo is in our prayers. After their introduction, we think we'll include Vinnie too. Love to everyone in the new family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinnie would be grateful. Things are going well from what I hear.

      Delete
  7. Well it sounds as though it is Vinny who may need a bit of extra care! Echo is a charmer and I think her lovely and lively personality will see her through - and win many hearts along the way. I am happy to hear things are going well and I agree, with two cats and lots of space they can have their peace too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinny may have gotten more than he wanted - but I think the two of them will work out just fine.

      Delete
  8. I hope so. I am fond of this little one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's such a darling. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to save her from a life on the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad that it goes well for Echo. She sounds very confident as well as being so cute. I wouldn't think she will have much trouble getting her forever home when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are sending our purrs that all goes well with Echo. She sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete