Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Healthy Days for Echo

Echo’s veterinary examination went very well. Her age is confirmed at between three and four months (I split the difference at fourteen weeks.) Her teeth and mouth are healthy, as is her coat. She is thin but not abnormally so. I spoke to the doctor about Echo’s pooping, which has been liquidy a couple of times, and is left in the litter-box twice, even thrice, a day (as opposed to the once for each of the other cats) but was told that is not unusual. My foster-cat is adjusting to good food regularly served, so an effect on her waste products is to be expected. My schedule of feeding, though improvised, is adequate for her until she gains more weight.

The kitten was given a vaccination - which, having so little fat to absorb the needle, she disliked greatly - and an oral medicine for worms, which the veterinary does not fear that she has, anyway. Echo’s claws were also clipped.

The newcomer behaved very well during the visit. She had to be restrained during the injection, and held, with much less strength, during the claw-trimming, the latter suggesting that future operations of the kind will not be arduous. After all was done, and we were talking to the veterinary, Echo relaxed, lying quietly and still in my hand, clearly sensing that she was no longer the centre of attention and, in this instance, glad of it.

I did not believe that Echo would have any serious problem. She has been eating, voiding and playing too well for that. There is always the hidden trouble, but she seems free of those, too. Now, her future awaits. An interview for a possible new foster-home will be held this afternoon. It’s astonishing how quickly a little creature like Echo grows on one, but it will be much better for her if she can go to a home where there is but one other cat - one with whom she may become good friends - and a whole residence in which to roam and play. Whatever is best for her is best, period.

12 comments:

  1. she is a cutie....how could anyone resist that face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that dear face! I'm glad she checked out as healthy, and I'll hope for the very best for her, whatever that is. Give her a smooch and cuddle from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echo is such a good fur-baby! Glad she appears to be in good health; makes any future adoption that much easier. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. echo....we iz buzzed happee ta heer yur ree port at de eeeeeeeevil place went sew well ~~~~~~~ we will be sad two see ewe go... but happee at de same time if that makez senze coz like catfatherz dad said what ever is best ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear that Echo had a good examination. If the possible new foster home seems ideal for her, I hope it goes well. Otherwise I know you will be happy to have her with you for as long as she needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you the vet update. I am happy to hear little Echo is healthy lass. So young! I do hope her future is full of love and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear that Echo passed her physical exam with flying colors, but that was expected as she looks so happy and healthy. However, I'll have to disagree about the nail trimming. My cats tolerate a manicure at the vet with no problem. (Perhaps they are too frightened to move.) But when I cut their nails at home, it's World War III. Meanwhile, I love the photo of Echo. She is such a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it goes well. Otherwise I know you will be happy to have her with you for as long as she needs to be.


    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for Echo! She's a beauty inside and out!
    Echo will adapt to your home and your cats, she just needs time. My only young cat simply revivified my seniors. So sweet to watch my elderly male care for a youngster so tenderly. And he was always such a fussy, prim old fellow. Love to Echo . We know you want only the best for her. Your photo of her is so captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful news! I hope the other foster home works out and a permanent home is found for her soon.

    Thank you for your kind words this week on Sami's passing. I hope too, that the day we are reunited will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good girl. She is going to have a wonderful life when she finds her furrever home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks like an inquisitive playful young cat who will be a fine addition to any home, foster or forever, lucky enough to invite her in!

    ReplyDelete