Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Raleigh and Comfort

Everyone in the cosy apartment is doing well right now. Food consumption is constant, interaction is tolerable and health is improving.

With regard to the last, I must qualify Raleigh’s position. His mouth is, from what I can see, a little better. He is not struggling with his food as he was, throwing bits about and making faces while he eats. I believe he is feeling less physical discomfort. But I suspect the doctor will want him continued on steroids for a while. Stomatitis doesn’t go away easily. His next examination is tomorrow, Thursday, in the late afternoon.


His morale is good, though, and he grows daily more at ease in his new residence. For three consecutive nights, I’ve said ‘good night’ to Peachy while he was lying in “Renn’s armchair”, looking out the window. The outside was something he didn’t care about until last week or so. I think he knows he no longer has to fear being cast out into it, so he needn’t pretend it’s not there. Previously, he would run and hide even if I opened a window to the fresh air.

And then there is the episode of the bed. Last night, after snack-time, I saw Raleigh squatting at the doorway to the bedroom, peering in. A few minutes later, he was on the bed. He had been there previously, but only in his early days in the apartment, and then only once, when I was also in the room. This time, he saw other cats on the bed, and the curiosity over whether this piece of furniture was comfy or not must have conquered him. He jumped up on his own - Parker remained where he was - and settled down for a snooze.


He was still there two hours later. He probably found the setting congenial. I should remind him that the cosy apartment is merely his temporary abode. He is here until he joins my rescue-group as an adoptable cat, and finds his permanent home with a loving family, like Parker will. And as Tucker did. And Renn. And Cammie. I think he understands.

13 comments:

  1. I think that Raleigh understands that he can make himself comfortable, just like one of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Raleigh understands quite well that he's very likely found his forever home. Permanent foster home, if you will. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kea. Raleigh believes he has his forever home and is in the process of convincing you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! And isn't he beautiful in his pale peach color?

      Delete
  4. no reason not to comfortable while he waits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Kia, I think Raleigh has found his fur-ever home. I don't think you need to remind him that "the Cozy Apartment is a temporary abode". He already knows that's not the case. :-) Meanwhile, please let us know how his vet appointment goes tomorrow. Good luck Raleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh you should see my smile. It stretches from here to THERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had me going for a moment there, what with Raleigh and his 'temporary abode'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As far as Raleigh is concerned, he has found the perfect home. No other will be as cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raleigh my friend I think you have come to the right spot! MOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. guyz...R Christmas wish... that st francis blessez ewe with great health one N all; him all reddy noez ewe haz all finded yur for everz ~~~ ;)

    we iz offline fora while sew we wood like ta wish everee one a most merree Christmas anda happee healthee total lee awesum 2019 ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful holiday, al of you in Trout Towne. I will leave a message on your blog, but just to let you know, Raleigh's follow-up visit to the vet brought good news.

      Delete
  11. More good news, especially as I've posted late and read the final comment!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete