Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Over-bite



While I am trying to give the other cats their due – Josie and Renn seemed sentenced to obscurity by their good health – some of the beasts continue to intrude into my blog by virtue of their cuteness.

Raleigh is battling a cold right now. He is of course susceptible to illness because of his FIV. As well, he is being given Prednisolone, which, I believe, further depresses immunity. Peachy is currently blowing bubbles with his nose, and his left eye, the goopy running of which diminished considerably in recent weeks, has begun extruding again. I am not too worried, as colds will probably often assault someone in his condition. I will nevertheless keep watch on his symptoms.


But something else I noticed was his over-bite. Look at that adorable little face. He’s like a little boy perpetually biting his lip, hoping he will be liked. Well, he must have found an appreciative place to stay while awaiting his permanent home: he fell asleep on my lap, and I couldn’t move to chase Parker off the kitchen counter when the latter took advantage of my indisposition to look there for food. I couldn’t even yell at the orange-boy, for fear of waking Raleigh.


You don’t think they planned that, do you?

Well, anyway, look at that face…

8 comments:

  1. That face is very precious to many of us. ♥

    Yes, I think they planned that, btw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha they planned it. A cat’s generalship would put Napoleon and Grant to shame.

    And I love that overbite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of Raleigh. He's sooo cute! I know I tend to over-react when an animal gets sick, but, John, I would give the vet a call to see if any treatment is needed for his cold. With Raleigh's weakened immune system and his being on prednisilone, you don't want a cold to develop into something more serious. And keep in mind with Christmas coming, it might be difficult to get a vet if you should need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raleigh's veterinary is on holiday now, but I am in communication with him via text-message. I've told him about Raleigh's cold and asked if anything should be given or done.

      Delete
    2. Great! Thank you for your update!

      Delete
  4. Aww...sweet Raleigh! The kitties say well done Parker, I suspect he found nothing there but you can't fault a cat for trying.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raleigh is beyond adorable, and I hope he's feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete