Saturday, July 6, 2024

The Cosy Apartment's New Tempo

This is Tempo. She arrived early this afternoon. She was soon to be homeless, so I decided that she could come here. She is about eight months old, and unspayed. She will see the veterinary next week, and be fixed later on, due to having to wait upon her vaccinations.

It is a bit tricky here, since I don’t have a spare room for her. She will stay in the bathroom while I am at work, which of course is not an ideal situation, but when I am home, she will be free to roam. Whether she has to sleep in the bathroom at night will be determined by the other cats’ reactions.

So far, she has seen Neville (huge cat, very intimidating; doesn’t really care), Brazil (curious and some growling) and Imogen (more curious, slinky caution.) What Indigo will have to say about it, I don’t know. I have found that kittens need less time for slow integration than adult cats, though each case is different. With me, she is friendly and very easy to handle. Right now, though, she is under the bed.

As you may be able to tell from the photographs, Tempo is long and very slender. Her thinness does not appear to be due to lack of food, though she may be a little under-weight. She is at the adolescent stage for cats, and her leanness may be part of who she is. We will see.

In the meantime, she will undoubtedly set a new tempo in the Cosy Apartment. I hope it won’t be too hectic.

18 comments:

  1. She is a pretty girl. I hope she settles in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Tempo! I, too, hope she settles in well, without too much fuss on anyone's part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, purrrty...Glad she's found a safe harbor while she waits for her people to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempo is a slim young tortoise shell it seems from the photos. Is she going to be permanent for you? Or waiting for an adoption? Do hope Brazil is a gentleman around her. and Imogen does not mind a new girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the other cats take to her and there are no issues

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Tempo! (I like her name, by the way.) She is beautiful, long and thin, like she has some of the Oriental breeds in her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tempo is a beauty. How kind of you to take her in. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is super cute and I hope she settles in quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! My! What a beautiful 'slender' pussy~cat..
    Don't think l've ever seen one that slender..!
    Very sleek and slender...and lovely with it to..!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She has wonderful looks, which I do hope she keeps as she goes into adulthood. Paws crossed, everyone integrates well in the days ahead.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Tempo, you look like a little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tempo, you seem to be a Tortie and Mom loves those. How lean and elegant you are. I hope things go well for you there at the Cozy Apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A tortie! They're said to bring you luck. I certainly hope you'll have plenty of luck integrating her into the household!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Tempo! She's a cutie and I'm certain she'll bring a certain je ne sai quoi to the Cozy Apartment. Time will tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wavez two ewe tempo frum de land oh trout...yur coat iz gorgeouz,
    eye put yur foto on bigg a fie, ( three ) sorree ewe lost yur home but glad ewe R safe now in de cozee apart mint....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome Tempo!! You are a cutie pie! Lets hope that soon you'll get full freedom in the Cozy Apartment.

    ReplyDelete