Tuesday, September 3, 2024

The End of the Nylon Tunnel

Today saw the end of the nylon tunnel mark II. Pictured below is its wreckage, and one of the wreckers.

It had been deteriorating for quite a while, the wire bursting through the fabric here and there, and the nylon itself split down the middle. It was a matter of time.

The funny thing is that the nylon tunnel mark I, a red and grey striped item (which may be viewed in some of my earliest blog-entries) was in much better condition when I replaced it  with mark II. I thought I would find others and move on to mark III and IV in due course. But all I’ve been able to find is short versions, which, while they may be adequate, do not provide the same fun as the longer ones. So my later tunnel (now my late tunnel) was much more battered and broken by its end than my earlier. (Mark I was placed in the alley behind my house, and disappeared the next day, so someone smarter than myself saw plenty of use in it, and I hope it gave pleasure to many cats.)

Now, the search is on for a replacement for the nylon tunnel mark II. It seems strange not stumbling over it every time I walk through the sitting room…

15 comments:

  1. Alas poor tunnel. I knew it well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly had its purpose and so much fun for so many kitties. I see Tempo seems to be in the picture by the torn up tunnel this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempo seems to be saying, "What happened???"

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't make 'em like they used to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. guyz…why iz dad blamin everee one ther…thatz de werk oh a klingon burd oh prey if ever eye saw one….which frank lee, eye hope ta cod eye never due 🙀🙀🙀🙀

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tunnel was certainly well-loved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same one. I am surprised my monsters haven't destroyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tunnels are a great source of fun for the kitties! The one we have now is so much longer than the pink one that was given to the Admiral many years ago. It was short really, and never did have a lot of use. When I got the see -though- in- places tunnel that was much longer, Katie loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look over Pet Smart and Chewy on line and see if they have any. Amazon too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something so simple gives so my enjoyment

    ReplyDelete
  11. I donated mine when we moved last fall as Saku no longer used it. It's a shame because it was in good condition and I would have sent it to you. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right sort isn't as easy to find as one might think.

      Delete