It’s been half a month since Neville received his Solensia injection, and I haven’t noticed any change in his behaviour or physical abilities. Or have I?
It occurred to me earlier in the week that I haven’t had to clean Neville’s backside or legs in several days. He has dirtied himself only in a small way under his tail. I haven’t caught him in the litter-box while he has been pooping in that time, so I can’t see how he stands using the action, or leaves afterward, which was his dangerous time. It was then that he stumbled and fell; rarely while wetting, just while crapping. Obviously, how he stands or transitions into walking from that stance is different for the two deposits.
He has continued to leave poops outside the box as often as inside, but that is very likely a problem of bowels, which the Solensia would not affect. He always makes it to a litter-box to wet, but he is sometimes late with the crap. This bothers me less than his inability to stand properly after the action. (I have a feeling that, having described the change, I will arrive home to find him covered in filth from nose to tail…)
As well, I have found the Nevsky on the sitting room couch two or three times in the past week, where he hasn’t been for months. Is this and the cleaner visits to the litter-box the results of the Solensia? I have no way of knowing for certain. It is, nonetheless, an improvement. I have learned, especially with cats, not to disturb a good thing. It may be a coincidence, but it is best not to change things even so; if Neville continues this improvement, I will arrange for a second injection of Solensia.
It may be that the old lion is feeling just a tiny bit less old these days.

I certainly hope it IS working. Neville deserves to feel comfortable for as long as he has. ❤️
ReplyDeleteIt would be great knowing the med. is working well. How comfy he looks on the sofa. May he continue on this path and your Christmas gift will be less "cleanup in aisle 2".
ReplyDeleteIt seems to be too much of a coincidence for it to not be the Solensia. Whether it is or not, long may it continue.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the Solensia is working. I was told that it might take a couple of weeks before the cat shows improvement, so your observations are within that time period. And Lynn is right - Neville does look more comfortable.
ReplyDeleteThat is good news.
ReplyDeleteI thought the same thing, that I was jinxing myself when I posted about Henry's wall peeing ceasefire...and yep, I'd done it!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad there has been improvement. He is in such pain and disability that everything has been hard for him. I love the signs of improvement no matter the tenacity of the signs. I will just go on thinking he will keep his improvements. Perhaps gain more.
ReplyDeleteThat's great news. Whether it's the medication, or something else, here's hoping it continues.
ReplyDeleteGood on you Mr Neville. The couch looks very comfy. xxx
ReplyDelete