Wednesday, April 10, 2024

The New Boy Grows Braver

Iago is becoming braver. He is showing himself more, and last night and this morning, he didn’t hide from me, and allowed me to pet him. He didn’t eat his soft-food breakfast, though; I don’t think he came down from the top of the bookcase even to sniff it. But he has hard-food during the day, and I will try again tonight. I am a long way from knowing his likes and dislikes, though he is eating most of the time and using the litter-box a couple of times a day. That and his willingness to learn about his new surroundings and me are positive signs.


8 comments:

  1. I wonder if his previous owner (I assume he had one) only fed him dry food? Anyway, that's great that he's slowly becoming more "at home." Hopefully, he'll be comfortable around you before you have to take him to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks to be a big boy in the photo. Hope he starts to feel more at home in his new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest John,
    He no doubt is settling in fine and recognizes the smells and sounds of his new HOME.
    It is obvious that he has not been starving as he looks rather chunky to me.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect Undine is correct, in that Iago may have only had dry food before and hasn't discovered the delight of the wet food. Glad he's settling into his new home in the library quite quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iago will get into the swing of things, or he'll train you how he likes it instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undine and Saku raise good points. Iago may have previously been fed only dry food. But I'm sure he'll learn to enjoy canned food in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that is wonderful about Iago. I agree, wet food may be something he isn't used to. He is doing so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad he is becoming braver. I agree that he may never have had soft food before.

    ReplyDelete