Saturday, October 5, 2024

Her Adaptations

The closed door to the library has continued to force Indigo to explore more of the apartment, and to do things she hasn’t done before. Witness her penetration to the far reaches of the sitting room, in order to watch a magpie (just visible through the blinds on the left), and her climb to the top of the taller sitting room cat-tree.

I was worried that being locked out of her preferred room would hurt Indie’s relationship with me, since she enjoyed spending time with me in the library, where she would lie next to me. It was then and there that she would receive her insulin injections. But I am still able to give her medicine, though it requires a little more preparation and finesse at times and, best of all, she’s found a substitute to lying next to me. I think this is my favourite new behaviour.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, the last of her new experiences is definitely the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww! Indie is looking quite comfy :)
    Purrs Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. On you is definitely better than beside you. Enjoy her change because it looks like she's certainly enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being locked out of her room has encouraged her to try new things, and the best is the last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laptime looks like it makes both of you very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so comfortable. It seems that being locked out of the library happened for the best.

    ReplyDelete