Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Falsely Imprisoned

In addition to packing up all my belongings and trying to trap the outsider-cats, I am attempting to capture a cat belonging to a former tenant who has moved out. He is no longer in town - though he lives not far away. His cats were outside/inside beasts, and one was outside when the movers came. That cat has only intermittently returned to the old, now vacant apartment, and I am basing my attempts to trap her on that habit. I don’t have long to arrange for success, so I have the traps out all day and all night. Last night’s venture brought a not wholly unexpected result.



This is one of Orlac’s tribe, maybe even one of her cubs. (Young raccoons are also called ‘kits’ or ‘kittens’, but I’ve used that term much over the years already.) In any case, it is not a black and white, long-haired cat, so I let him go. I have a feeling his friends and family aren’t going to believe his tale when he tells it.

10 comments:

  1. Boy, is that guy giving you a look...I hope you can trap that cat soon; she must be very confused about what happened to her home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, he'll be recounting that adventure around the raccoon campfire for years to come!

    I hope you get the correct species next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he can't wait to tell all his friends about his experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with trapping the right critter! I trapped the neighbors cat 4 times. It knew if it went in the trap to get something to eat that I would let it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! That was one coonie dude too curious for his own good...and the offerings were irresistible! Now to convince a kitty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I bet he was thinking its a good job you left me some snacks in here or I would be very unhappy with you right now xoxo Little Miss Titch

    ReplyDelete
  7. He doesn't look very happy to be trapped. I hope you can catch the other cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our nickname here for raccoons is Rocky. I'm sure this one was completely surprised by the entire episode and was thrilled to be turned loose.

    ReplyDelete