Sunday, June 21, 2026

Millie's New Start

Another departure occurs today, though this one is happier than sad. Millie goes to her new home today.


I will miss the little-footed girl and our times together. But those times were one of the problems with her being here: I could give her only short periods of time each day. She disliked the other cats and didn’t like associating with them; even having them in the cat-room with her was stressful. Therefore, she has spent more time alone than with me. With the other cats, even if I couldn’t be with them, I was always seeing them, speaking to them. Millie couldn’t receive that sort of attention.


Now, she will be in a house with no one else but her human. She will be scared and confused at first, of course, but there will be, I think, a great revelation when she realizes that she is the only cat present. She will smell others - her new person has had cats previously and, indeed, has just finished baby-sitting a cat for a friend - but in this case, smell is less important for a feline than sight: Millie will see that there are no other cats. There will be no room set aside for her, no place where she can’t go. I think she will be sleeping on the bed at night next to her person quite soon.


Millie is a sweet, strong-willed girlcat, going on eleven years of age. But her health is good, she is active, she is alert. I predict many years of happiness await her. Good luck, my little friend.


15 comments:

  1. Good luck Sweetheart. Dear Millie. I hope we hear how you are. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. de veree best oh all fishez two ewe millie....we hope yur new purrson will keep uz pozted on how yur doin...bee in an onlee cat izza good thing...well, ewe noe what eye meen....eye am, and hafta bee...most lee
    ....bezt bezt BEZT two ewe ♥♥♥♥ =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure wish sweet Millie all the best of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Voyage, Millie!
    Reign your new kingdom with pride, pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Millie! May you reign supreme in your new forever home! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Millie will look around in amazement that the whole house is all hers! I know that is how Precious felt after being left at the orphanage with so very many felines. Got here and couldn't believe the whole enchilada was her alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful news. May Millie and her new human be very happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Disliking other cats and wanting a human all to themselves seems to be a tortie trait! The three I've had have been the exact same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck and happiness, Millie! John, please let us know how she is adapting to her new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go, Millie! We hope you will thrive and be very happy with your very own forever person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very glad for Millie. You are a good foster parent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful life with your new mom Miss Millie.

    ReplyDelete