The Tempos went to the veterinary hospital yesterday to receive their first vaccinations, de-worming and a general examination. All are in good health and developing as they should. They did well during their first outing. All of them reacted in some way to the injection except Largo, who seemed not to feel it. Vivace wasn’t going to be examined or poked without a fight; she wanted to be free and unheld.
Upon returning to the Cosy Cabin, they seemed not to feel the effects of the vaccinations at all. They ate, they played, they slept; they did seem more worn out than usual, but that was to be expected with their initial field trip. It was an anxious and unprecedented event for them. Photographs were taken. The kittens ate well during the night and this morning, and are now full of their normal exuberance and vigour.
I have noticed something about their interaction with the adults. Those cats who disliked their presence no longer growl and hiss constantly at them. Imogen used to express her displeasure just seeing them across the room. Now there is watchful silence, and no retreat to where the kittens can’t go, possibly because there is now nowhere they can’t go. For their part, the Tempos are more respectful of their elders, and they have learned which ones they can approach and which they cannot.
There’s so much to discover when the world is new.





Good that they passed their first vet visit with flying colours.
ReplyDeleteSuch photogenic kittens.
It's amazing how quickly they get so big! Their integration into the wide world seems to be progressing wonderfully well.
ReplyDeleteIt's like they graduated from kindergarten! School photos after the school nurse checked for health issues. I remember the head lice check and the ringworm check. Thank goodness I had none.
ReplyDeleteWhat I remember most about health-related school memories is the sweet, pink oral medicine. For long, I thought it was for polio, but I guess it was just anti-biotic.
DeleteI'm so glad to hear that the vet found all of the Tempos to be in good health. I love the photos. The kittens are absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYou BEAUTIFUL babies.
ReplyDeletehay ewe wee kittenz…buzzed happee yur feeld trip….terned out grate…each one oh ewe iz like pawsum awesum N yur selfeez bee de BEZT ….
ReplyDeletedid ewe tell mom bout yur trip?πΈ‼️πΎπ
Ahhh, those photos are wonderful! π»
ReplyDeleteI'm glad their first vet visit went well, no ill effects from being vaccinated. There's nothing like the recovery time of young, healthy bodies!
They are so darn cute. I wish I could adopt the tortie.
ReplyDeleteThe older cats are teaching them good cat manners, something they will use the rest of their lives.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet they were a bit hit with the vet staff.