Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Worse Late Than Never

Well, evidently writing about Cammie yesterday cursed her, because she is going to the doctor this afternoon. She is suffering from one of her vomiting episodes. She barely made her usual deadline of being sick on a long weekend.

This time, I am more certain than ever that she did not get into any food that wasn’t her own. But who know how her diet can be contaminated by items she shouldn’t have? When one of the other cats drinks from a bowl, they sometimes leave bits of food in the water. Cammie will drink from it later and perhaps take in invisible particles of food that are bad for her. Then again, maybe one of the others leaves something in a cat-bed that the princess later picks up. Or it may not even be in the food; her allergy may, after all, be connected with dust or something similar. And if it is in the food, it may be in a marginally impure tin of her own.

I can but try my best to protect her from anything that may make her sick. I understand that our defences cannot be universal. Nonetheless, I stand by what I wrote yesterday: I am thankful, because when Cammie becomes ill like this, there is help for her, and I can, so far, afford it. That’s something that not everyone can do.

UPDATE: I should have mentioned that Cammie and I will be going to the veterinary hospital within hours to have her injected with Cerenia. It has always helped in the past. I am afraid, though, that one day it won't.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, purrs and prayers for dear Cammie from all of us and hugs for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I'm sorry Cammie is sick again; gees, you'd think the Fates/gods could give you a break. I do hope she recovers quickly; we're sending our purrs and purrayers to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Cammie. I just wish I had some idea of what might help her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added an addendum to my entry, which should have been part of the main body. I am hoping my princess will be back to normal soon.

      Delete
    2. My thoughts will be with her today. I hope you'll have good news to report soon.

      Delete
  4. Poor Cammie. I hope the Cerenia continues to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor Cammie! Paws and fingers crossed that she will soon be well. Please let us know how she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of 'hugs' 'pats' and 'kisses'..
    And a little prayer..God Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really hoping Cammie was on the upturn as nothing has happened to her for a while now. I am so sorry she is sick again and I am anxious for the Cerenia to work. I am going to just know it will continue help her for as long as she needs it. Hugs and a smooch on the head for the Princess.

    ReplyDelete