I think I have noticed a subtle shift in the Tempos’ reactions to me. It may be my imagination. Even so, I feel that, while previously, they interacted with me as kittens would with an anonymous human, someone who brought them food, who stroked their fur, who was an interesting playground, they now treat me as someone with an identity. Though their encounters with other humans have been relatively brief, I believe they understand that I am a unique being. This may be reading too much into them and, indeed, I have nothing but a feeling for this impression. However, now, unlike before, they seek me out just to spend a few minutes with; true, their attention span is about as long as it always has been, but I believe they see me as part of their family now.
This may, in fact, have to do with their developing eyesight, and that they see me clearly at all. They are tending to look at me more, and for longer periods, as if memorising, or at least recognizing, my features. This may be the majority of the new feeling I am gathering.
In any case, it is an interesting step in the kittens’ growth.
It doesn’t make them less of a disturbance in the space-time continuum.


Flicka said: Thinking of you and the cozy cottage, checking in to catch up, and reading about sweet Indigo. Your cats are lucky to have your love, so many would not have had anyone to love them if not for you. Be well, my friend.
ReplyDeleteFlicka said; Thinking of you and the cats at the cozy cottage, checking in to catch up - and reading about sweet Indigo. I am so sorry. All of these wonderful cats would never know love and comfort if not for you and your kind hear. Be well, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI love the photos. The kittens look so comfortable in your lap.
ReplyDeleteAwww they look so grown up and it must be nice to have kitten snuggles.
ReplyDeleteA lap full of kittens is so good for the heart and soul. Sweet, sweet faces. They're getting so big now. 😻❤️
ReplyDeleteI've often wondered what my cats have thought of me when they're only one foot tall and I'm over 5 ft tall. We human standing on two legs instead of four.
ReplyDeleteHaha!
ReplyDeleteThey've discovered that you make for good climbing!
They're growing up--and learning--very quickly.
ReplyDeleteYour last line has me grinning like the Cheshire Cat! I'd love to swap spots with you for a little while.
ReplyDeleteAccording to cat behaviorists and scientists, cats cannot distinguish individual humans from our facial features, but from our scent, pace, posture, size, voice, general shape, how me move which is unique to us, etc.
ReplyDeleteAt least, that’s what I read on it last. Still, they do come to see us as individuals and know if we are friendly or not. I had a roommate who was taller than I and she disliked them, they learned very fast to simply avoid the tall one, no matter if she was facing them or not.
That's interesting. Height especially would make a difference to them, I imagine.
Delete