Monday, March 30, 2020

Dirty Lies

I have cat-beds, heated and unheated; I have a human bed; I have couches and chairs; I have soft carpets and rugs. This is where Neville likes to lie sometimes. It is the old rug in the entrance hall of the apartment. I need to replace it. In the meantime, it is dirty, being on what I wipe the soles of my shoes when I come in. Nev likes to lie on it.


He does like listening to the noises that come from outside the apartment, noises from the corridor beyond the door. Perhaps he wishes to escape and is awaiting his opportunity.

He reposes elsewhere, too. He enjoys the rug in the sitting room, and the top of the taller cat-tree there. But he also lies on the relatively hard and definitely dirty rug by the front door. I don’t mind that much; he does keep himself clean.

And if I ever want him to stop, I’ll just replace the rug with a clean, soft and comfortable cat-bed. He’ll never go near it.

13 comments:

  1. Ahh...it sounds like Neville is a typical cat. You buy them every toy available, and they'll play with the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!"
    Oh, not that kind of lies...hehehe
    Nevsky, you've got the world on a string!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's an independent cat for you! However, he
    looks comfy and content. Boy has Neville's fur grown back
    luxuriant. I guess, this way, you know where to look for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course he will sleep where it suits him, not where you think he would be more comfortable. He is a cat after all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine the dirty rug has lots of interesting scents on it, from your shoes. Maybe Neville is a dog in disguise. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neville, we love your comfy looking spot you have there. It may be dirty from the outside, but you look to love it. Thanks for sharing. Have a pawsome day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neville knows what he likes and where he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My old cat puss was the same as Nev. She spent a year living outside in a cat bed on the porch. Rain or shine she would spend every night out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Bless him..!x
    Nothing like an old dirty rug..is there
    Neville! That's all that 'mat'ters..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Neville just enjoys imagining what all of those smells are...who might be outside, and where they re going...and then pretends a great adventure as he dozes. He doesn't want to leave...he's just adventuring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something about the mysterious smells that come in upon our shoes that draws the furs. Our Buddy Budd used to always check out the floor in front of the door and would plop down regularly. Einstein also pays attention to floors by doors while the rest only to open windows. Life with cats is always interesting

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just caught up with your last few posts, and am sending purrayers and Power of the Paw to Cammie, especially. Doorways seem to be generally attractive to cats because of all the incoming odors. Some cats prefer to leave their own mark there, so we keep litter boxes by the doors. It deters burglars and casual callers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! Neville is truly a cat, with his own sense of what's right.

    ReplyDelete