Monday, March 25, 2024

Brazil Under the Weather


Brazil will be going to the doctor tomorrow. For several days, he has been ignoring any and all soft-food. He has been nibbling hard-food, so he won’t starve, but I know he is hungry. At meal-times, he rubs up against me and waits for food, but then walks away from anything served to him. I have tried all sorts, even the sauce-and-bits kind from a pouch that got him eating the last time he stopped eating. There is a difference this time, in that when he has eaten some soft-food, he has thrown it up.


The rescue-group has decided to give Shimmer a full physical. Considering his great fear of strangers, we are going to have him sedated. This will enable the doctor to examine him closely and slowly. If necessary, an x-ray can be taken while he is knocked out.


Initially, it seemed to me to be something psychological, perhaps related to Emori’s visit. But if Brazil is throwing up, there may be more to it. Since he has not before had such a complete examination, this will be useful in any case, even for future comparisons.


The trouble is that there is nothing definite to look for, so I suspect that everything will come back negative - nothing sinister discovered. I suppose that will eliminate possibilities, but it won’t point us to an answer. But we will see what results.

13 comments:

  1. I will be anxious to know what they think. I believe that your predictions will come to pass however. Meaning eliminating possibilities but not pointing to an answer. Brazil, I'm sorry, little guy. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's something simple. My first thought was that he can't really smell at the moment, but you didn't mention any congestion. I will cross my fingers and hope for a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess with kitties this eating problem and also throwing up is an ongoing problem.
    Wishing Brazil all the very best!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting answers is the way to start fixing the problem, if there is one. I hope not for Brazil. Will be looking to see if you have found out anything later. Lots of purrs and prayers Shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear he has to go to the vet, particularly since the poor guy is so scared of strangers. Aside from the lack of appetite, does his behavior seem normal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We understand what you mean, but we can't help hoping nothing bad does show up...and we hope he feels better soon. Sending purrayers and Power of the Paw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the vet can find what ails Brazil, and he is soon on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear that Brazil is "under the weather." I'll be anxious to hear what the vet finds. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Brazil, we hope all is okay really soon for you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. dood, hopin all goez well and that may bee ya just catched a
    kinda floo bug. tell dad, sardeenz in waterz can jump start an
    appa tite, anda sprinkle oh parmesan cheez on yur canned goodz
    helpz two 🐟💙💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought of your advice earlier, guys, but even the sardines didn't tempt him, though he did lick up the juice.

      Delete
  11. Oh dear, I so hope that Brazil's visit to the vet will reveal nothing too serious. He's such a lovely cat. Saku has his paws crossed!

    ReplyDelete