Sunday, March 10, 2024

The Newest Bedspread

I have bought yet another bedspread. This is to replace the one initially punctured and cut by numerous cat claws, and eventually torn into strips by time and the antics of kittens. The kittens are gone, and the cats who formerly used the bedspread as toe-holds when they leaped onto the mattress are too old for such actions now.

I briefly had another before this, but found it unsatisfactory. Despite being labeled for a bed my size, it was not the right fit (it was square, for one thing), and was a quilted object, which took away its softness. This new one is the same material as the previously destroyed spread; it is soft, comfortable and easily folded.

As one can see, the three cats who habituate the bedroom seem to approve of it (though Imogen noticed that the comforter cover had been washed for the first day of the new bedspread, and so was enjoying that position once again.) I hope this new item lasts longer than its predecessor, but there’s no telling when an errant claw will have its way.

13 comments:

  1. Exactly why my great grandmother's quilt never goes on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are heavy too...despite seemingly light. You are sunk under it.

      Delete
  2. It looks like they approve of the new bedspread. I hope it has a long and happy life on your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imogen above the comforter instead of under. And why would anyone want a square covering! We all know beds are rectangular. Too bad the last one was not correct but at least the kitties all enjoyed it. I bet this one will goes miles for the current bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've definitely given it the seal of approval. I always had a light blanket or large throw over my bed, to protect my comforters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long do you think it will remain in good nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Longer than the previous, I think; perhaps not much longer...

      Delete
  6. Kitty approved is a most important feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new bedspread certainly has cat approval.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully John...you'll have to show us..
    where you actually sleep...! :O).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT was funny! "Where YOU actually sleep".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cats do love fresh bedding. I presume Brazil approves--from a distance--as well.

    ReplyDelete