Saturday, March 16, 2024

His Own Way of Walking, Unfortunately

I want to add a short note about Renn. Firstly, while he is eating rather well – for Renn – he has also thrown up three nights in a row, expelling all the food he had consumed the previous evening. This started before his most recent visit to the veterinaries, so it isn’t caused by the Solensia injection he received. I intend to give him a shot of Cerenia this evening, to try to keep things down. I don’t want to lose the benefits of him eating decent amounts.

Secondly, this photograph shows something that I have just noticed about my big boy. He is walking and, in this instance, sitting, on his metacarpals (front bones of the foot), rather than on his toes. This, I think, confirms arthritis, or at least some form of joint problem. This is one of the symptoms which I hope the Solensia will reduce.

Now, in anticipation of a non-Renn event, I will write that a guest is arriving tomorrow at mid-day. She will not staying long, but nonetheless should provide some interest for cat and human alike in the Cosy Apartment. More information and, hopefully, pictures, will be provided Sunday.

14 comments:

  1. Sweet Renn, we hope that shot helps settle the tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Renn. Feel better soon, Sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Renn all the best for keeping his food down—much needed!
    Poor animals and often I think about those in the wild that never get any care or attention...
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Renn feels better soon. Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog for the passing of Lucy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renn, have got to admit that sometimes, I feel like I'm walking just like you are, handsome.
    Hope the shot makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Renn, I hope the Cerenia helps his sickness. I hope the Solensia helps with his arthritis too. I look forward to meeting your new guest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renn, we knew you were walking a difficult road but we didn't know that it was being difficult for your legs. Maybe you need a pair of support stockings. Wonder who's going to be staying with you for a short while?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renn....I am so sorry that this has happened too. Maybe it's a fairly new event as Dr. Bellen would surely have noticed. We cats have a difficult time regarding meals too often, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that Renn is having all these little difficulties, but hopefully they'll be temporary. And I look forward to hearing about your new guest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. dood...sum timez.....and eye due knot like two uze thiz werd...cjckn...but sum timez reel for sure cjckn and rice helpz
    a upset stomach ~~~~ may bee dad can fix up sum for ewe ♥♥
    mackerull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it took a lot for you suggest such a thing, Mackerull. Thank you.

      Delete
  11. Purrayers that Renn can be helped by his meds. And maybe the distraction of The Guest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, poor Renn! I hope the Cerenia and the Solensia do the trick for the nausea and the arthritis. I'm sending him all my healing vibes! ♥

    I, too, am looking forward to reading about your short-term (?) foster!

    ReplyDelete