Sunday, March 17, 2024

Emori Comes to Visit

Readers may be familiar with the Cosy Apartment’s guest: it’s Emori. I’ve written about her capture – along with the three kittens of her first litter – and the birth of her second litter. She is featured in this blog’s sidebar; her double surgery – for the removal of the remains of her missing rear leg, as well as her spay – was very expensive, and the Lethbridge PAW Society is hoping to recoup some of the expenditure through donations (click on her picture in the sidebar to learn more.) Now, she is my guest for several days.

The rescue-group doesn’t like moving foster-cats about; it’s confusing for them, and might result in some anxiety and behavioural changes. Emori, however, seems a most adaptable cat. She arrived this afternoon, and has been pushing against me, accepting pets and strokes, and purring since then.

She is a small cat, but thankfully has gained weight since her rescue. She cannot gain too much, though, as it would make things difficult for her remaining rear leg. But right now, she moves about with no problem. It may look painful as she walks with a bit of a hop, but her three-legged condition is giving her no discomfort, and she can climb and jump without difficulty.

Emori will be with me just until Friday. Her foster-home has to bring in a human guest for the week, and with other fosters occupying all available space, diverting Emori to my apartment for the time was the best option. She probably won’t meet the perma-cats in that period, and I will be spending as much time with her as I can. So far, she doesn’t seem to mind me in the least.

12 comments:

  1. Dearest John,
    Emori no doubt had found the best place to stay for a couple of days!
    One of our best friends used to have a 3–legged kitty and it immigrated with her to the USA. She did very well and indeed, it did not seem to bother her.
    More important is the human love and shelter!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great stay in your 'hotel room', Emori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Emori! She couldn't have a better place in which to recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emori looks to be a very sweet little girl. I hope she enjoys her short holiday with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've certainly been waiting for this precious girl to be adopted by now. Hope that happens very soon. Angel Peepers had her right hind leg completely removed when she was seven due to cancer. For the next two years she got around as if she was still only a year old. I'm sure this one will do just as well in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Bless the little lady...!x
    Enjoy her while you can John...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been watching her on your sidebar and feeling badly for her. But I see that feeling on my part was un-necessary- as she is blooming. I am glad she came to visit with you for now. And I wish all the good fortune in the world for her future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smooches to sweet Emori. I hope she enjoys her "vacation" with you, and even more, I hope she finds a wonderful forever home. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish you would have built in the links of your previous posts...May Emori soon be adopted and find LOVE and stability in her life!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so pleased to hear that Emori is your guest! I've had a special interest in her from the start. What she and her babies went through really grabbed at my heart. I'm glad that she's recovering well from her amputation.

    ReplyDelete