Monday, March 4, 2024

She Has Their Undivided Attention

I learned over the weekend that Aurora will be adopted. The process will be final this coming Friday. Auro is an only cat, but she is receiving plenty of attention from her human and his girlfriend, and of my recent fosters, she is the one who would thrive best as a single feline. This is a good home for her, and I am pleased. I hope to have a few photographs of her in her new world soon.


I admit that I worried about Aurora. Though hardly a cat who was difficult to place - once the rescue-group found just the right home - I worried that lack of feline companionship would discourage her. Even though I knew she could do very well alone, her world had always had cats in it, so this has been an adjustment for her. There is no guarantee that she won’t have a chum of her own kind some day; but until then, she will enjoy the undivided attentions of her people.


In case I haven’t mentioned it, Theodore too has permanent status. He is enjoying his new pal, especially. He took a week or so to come around; the resident cat was eager to make friends and start playing, but Theodore was reluctant. I have plenty of pictures of the pair of them together and will be speaking with their human this week. I will ask permission to share some images.


I have a temporary guest coming in the middle of the month, and, after that, I will be looking at bringing in someone else. With so many cats requiring foster-homes, even I don’t know who it will be at this point.



13 comments:

  1. What great news about Theo and Aurora! Hopefully all will go well and they will live long and happy lives in their forever homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest John,
    That is happy news about both Aurora and Theodore!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I can hardly wait to see who will be taking uo residence there with the others and you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news for both Theodore and Aurora. May they live long and happy lives in their forever homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very good news for Theodore and aurora. I hope they will be very happy in their forever homes. How is Miss Chiff doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm betting Aurora will learn to love being the pampered only-cat, especially as she gets older. That's great news about Theodore, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful news for them both. May they have long and happy lives in their forever homes.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your new fosters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always good news when the home placement really clicks and everyone is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Success for these two cuties. You do a fantastic job of getting them ready for their furrever homes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aurora was such a sweet girl. I'm so glad to hear this will be permanent for her. And Theodore also. Looking forward to see who's going to be living in the Cosy Apartment next.

    ReplyDelete