Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Firing the Guns

Monday night, I heard someone throwing up, twice. It’s usually one of my oldsters, Renn being particularly prone to puking in the mornings, due to his kidney disease. But Neville nonetheless lets fly now and then, too. When I woke, I dreaded what I would find, since it would add still more time and work to my morning before going to my job. As it turned out, it was just a small pool of debris, and on the uncarpeted floor of the storeroom, so its cleaning was easy and swift.


I had forgotten that I had heard someone throwing up twice.


I was reminded of this when I came home Monday. I didn’t find it until later that evening, when I was playing with Brazil. Neville, for that is whom I believe responsible, had chosen the premium location for vomiting: the top of the taller cat-tree in the sitting room. His delivery was impressive, as he hit two of the platforms - striking others with small bits - throwing detritus against both the glass panes of the sliding doors and the blinds that hung in front of them, and dropping what was left on to the base of the cat-tree, the carpeted ledge, and the floor.



Despite the praiseworthy effort, I could not but feel rather put-out at having to perform more work, cleaning up stale vomit in numerous and varied forms. Alas, it was far too late to remonstrate with the guilty party, and I had to settle for a steely look in his direction. Neville returned my gaze with one filled with his usual volume of concern and remorse.


I think he believed it was time to re-load…


14 comments:

  1. You made it sound like an Olympic event. :) Perhaps it is, for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is now giving you the "double dare" stare! He's glad he has no thumbs to have to do the cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you I laughed clean through. I go through this too but YOU all have bested me in quantity and the marvelous aiming and spread of it all!!! Huzzah you handsome mancat you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a very ugly cleanup, especially when it dried. No one vomits on the ground floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yuck. I remember similar incidents with Nicki, including dried and caked on, and it's a lot of work to clean up. I hope that's all Neville had in his arsenal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He did do a very good job of spreading it around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems that cats pick the most inconvenient place to have an "accident". 'Ya think they do it on purpose? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, that does happen, it happened here last night too. Conspiracy theory anyone?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Trouble usually yacks from the tops of the cat tree too. One time right onto me on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post and admire your calm response. The oldies are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cats earn points for the multitude of surfaces yakked upon; 'someone' scored well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although I feel your pain ... I couldn't help but chuckle at your diagram :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. dood…ewe ate bass terd turkee burd for dinner…dinna ya….it’ll due it everee time.
    mackerull πŸŸπŸ˜ΌπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's impressivein a gross way, just my thought and I am glad I didn't have to clean it up

    ReplyDelete