Thursday, May 4, 2023

But There Can Be Too Much Comfort...

Then there are times when a cat can become too comfortable…


I came home from some shopping on the weekend to find Percival on the dining table, where he is not supposed to be. He seems unaccustomed to being told to get down, but he went along with my demands, eventually.



At least until I came back from another outing later that day…



Perce does comprehend the concept of not being allowed somewhere, unlike Horace, who also liked to sprawl on the table but was quite confused at the notion that he couldn’t lie anywhere, so long as he wasn’t actually on or in something. Percival simply is reluctant to leave a good spot once he finds it. I think the notion of a cat’s comfort is pretty black-and-white to him.

11 comments:

  1. Percival know what he likes, and prefers not to give up a good spot when he's got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give up the couch for a hard table! Precious would not, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! To a cat, there is no place off limits.

    Nicki and Derry knew they were not allowed on the table, and I can't tell you how many times I heard one or both of them jump off it when I was coming downstairs or into the house. I learned to pretend that I didn't know what they were up to. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percival calls this "Setting the table for you."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny cat! One would think the hard table wouldn't be very comfortable but perhaps it provides a good observation point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Percy You rock. You are the most self confident cat I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a cat, there is no such thing as "off limits".

    ReplyDelete
  8. And of course he loves the attention...! Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perce looks very confident of his place on the table. That expression is asking what your problem is.
    I can honestly say Eric and Flynn never attempted to get on the table. Even when we adopted my MIL's cats in the 80's, even though they were always on her table, when they moved in with us apart from one they never attempted to get up. I think we were just lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Percival seems to be very comfortable, indeed!

    ReplyDelete